The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE LLB Law? vs BA Law Cambridge University?

Poll

LSE LLB Law? OR BA Law Cambridge University?

Which one would you choose?

The Squire Law Library at Cambridge University is outstanding, but so is the LSE Library with a study space always available with its 5,000 spaces?!

List your points please! :smile:
Really the major differences are the tutorial system at Cambridge and whether or not you want to live in London. I'd probably suggest focusing on those rather than minor differences in library offerings.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Really the major differences are the tutorial system at Cambridge and whether or not you want to live in London. I'd probably suggest focusing on those rather than minor differences in library offerings.

I live near Zone 4 Central Line. I read on UCL's website if you're inside the M25 zone, you don't get accommodation?! :frown: So that would mean University of London Intercollegiate Halls are not an option? Or even LSE? UCL? KCL? SOAS?
Original post by thegeek888
I live near Zone 4 Central Line. I read on UCL's website if you're inside the M25 zone, you don't get accommodation?! :frown: So that would mean University of London Intercollegiate Halls are not an option? Or even LSE? UCL? KCL? SOAS?

No idea, also UCL policies won't necessarily apply at LSE and vice versa.
Reply 4

I would not mind living at Trinity College, Cambridge University for 3 years.

Also, as I will be a mature student, I would like a large group of fellow Law students, and there are 16 class mates each year, with just over 50 studying Law altogether in the college.

Most of all, I will only be going to the gym and spending a lot of time in the libraries of Cambridge University.

Also, I already live in London and will move back to London, but will consider opening a Cambridge office after graduation.

So I will firm Cambridge University and reject London: LSE, UCL, KCL and SOAS if given an offer to read Law Tripos at Trinity College, Cambridge University. If not, then I will frame the rejection letter and not donate or include them in my will. :biggrin: lol :wink:
I got an offer for both universities for Law and will be attending one of them in autumn. The things I would consider are whether you want to be living in London and also consider the supervision system at Cambridge. Living in London may be a benefit, especially as many networking and firm events are in London but you also have to consider the costs of living there.
I decided to firm Cambridge as the supervision system will not be offered anywhere else and will allow you to build relationships with experts in the legal field and also learn from them. Cambridge also offers a better opportunity for making friends due to its collegiate system. Cambridge also uses the Tripos system so you will have exams at the end of each year whereas LSE law tends to use the more standard approach with grades and examinations, so I would also consider that.
Both are incredible institutions and offer similar career prospects. Its mainly down to your preferences.
Reply 6
Original post by thegeek888
Which one would you choose?

The Squire Law Library at Cambridge University is outstanding, but so is the LSE Library with a study space always available with its 5,000 spaces?!

List your points please! :smile:

What did you end up deciding on?
Reply 7
Original post by nelson585
What did you end up deciding on?

The guy who created the thread is the biggest nerd he's probably in year 10 and last year in the official LSE thread for applicants, he was being condescending to actual applicants who didn't get offers.
Reply 8
Original post by hi12345679
The guy who created the thread is the biggest nerd he's probably in year 10 and last year in the official LSE thread for applicants, he was being condescending to actual applicants who didn't get offers.

I'm not in Year 10, I am about 10 years older than the average applicant, and therefore will be a mature student but I keep very fit and have a bodybuilder's physique. 😉

I will be studying A-Levels in French, German, Spanish, Maths and Further Maths in the near future with online resources and textbooks. The courses have got easier since the 2000s. 😧

PS: I am sorry for my eccentric behaviour in the past, as I was very stressed out too. I am more sensible since visiting the LSE library as a public member and attending the open days at LSE too.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by sabrina.hossein8
I got an offer for both universities for Law and will be attending one of them in autumn. The things I would consider are whether you want to be living in London and also consider the supervision system at Cambridge. Living in London may be a benefit, especially as many networking and firm events are in London but you also have to consider the costs of living there.
I decided to firm Cambridge as the supervision system will not be offered anywhere else and will allow you to build relationships with experts in the legal field and also learn from them. Cambridge also offers a better opportunity for making friends due to its collegiate system. Cambridge also uses the Tripos system so you will have exams at the end of each year whereas LSE law tends to use the more standard approach with grades and examinations, so I would also consider that.
Both are incredible institutions and offer similar career prospects. Its mainly down to your preferences.

I would firm Cambridge, because it has more barrister's visiting the college for formals and the Professor's seem like they have good connections too. Also, LSE has too many International students. ☹️ But I would be happy with either of them. Also it is much easier to spend time at one of the 130 libraries at Cambridge University and get work done too. At LSE, I went to the library, and noticed some students playing games and watching TV online. lol 😀

I know I can achieve A*'s in at least 2 of German, Spanish, Maths, Further Maths and French and the rest A's, so I exceed the entry criteria. Also, I am a Private Candidate studying by myself, so it would look even more impressive that I achieved success. More likely I could achieve anything between 2A* to all 5A*.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending