The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who has started revising for their May/June exams?

Hey guys, now i'm not usually the sort of person, who starts revising like 3/4 months before an exam, i usually start 4-6 weeks before an exam, which is what i did for these Jan exams and came out with BBD :frown: both B's were 4 marks of an A (Law and Psychology) and the D in English well... Its just diabolical. So i've come to the conclusion that "maybe" i'm leaving my revision a bit too late! I have in total 5 exams of which 3 are re-sits and I really want A*A*AAA and 2A's in my AS and A2 English Language coursework! So i decided in order to achieve these results and get into my dream uni (Uni of Manchester) to study Law which requires me to get AAA I best start now! But looking at some of your posts you all seem to be leaving it till april ish? I have so much to revise i couldn't possibly leave it too long! Yes its a ballache revising early but thats the point isn't it? Keep going over it till it sits in? What do you all think?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
I'm already doing 6 hours a day, 5 days a week

(I'm not at school though, I'm self teaching)
Yes, but not too much. I don't want to burn out early.
Reply 3
Original post by Beth_L_G
I'm already doing 6 hours a day, 5 days a week

(I'm not at school though, I'm self teaching)

That seems like a good amount, good that you're still giving yourself a break on the weekend! Does that mean you're not at college/sixth form then? :P

Reply 4
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Yes, but not too much. I don't want to burn out early.

Ideally its a good way to ease yourself in! Atm i'm only making my revision cards for all my subjects, i'm not "properly" revising yet

Reply 5
Original post by mkhan9035
That seems like a good amount, good that you're still giving yourself a break on the weekend! Does that mean you're not at college/sixth form then? :P

Retaking as I had family illness, and serious illness myself last year, so ended up only getting BCC, so nope not in sixth form any more, just pop in for isa resits

Aiming for AAB this time round
Reply 6
I've been revising since the end of the January session. I cranked it up after the motivation I received from my results the other day, because I really want those A*s...
Reply 7
Original post by dendodge
I've been revising since the end of the January session. I cranked it up after the motivation I received from my results the other day, because I really want those A*s...

That's brilliant! I've only just started since the results last thursday! I thought okay, that's the kick up the backside I needed! And if I don't want to feel crappy again start revising! My way of motivation everybody ahha

Original post by mkhan9035
Ideally its a good way to ease yourself in! Atm i'm only making my revision cards for all my subjects, i'm not "properly" revising yet

Same, I've just started with revision cards, essay plans and mind maps so far. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Beth_L_G
Retaking as I had family illness, and serious illness myself last year, so ended up only getting BCC, so nope not in sixth form any more, just pop in for isa resits

Aiming for AAB this time round

Oh I see, i'm sure you'll do fine :smile: just keep your head down and stay focussed! We all have goals to reach now

Reply 10
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Same, I've just started with revision cards, essay plans and mind maps so far. :smile:

Think that's the best way, even though i'm not like full on, as i'm making my revision cards, i'm having to consolidate my notes to whats important and whats not, so i am having to think and revise at the same time! Good method methinks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest