The Student Room Group

Got an important open day same day as physics isa

I've got an open day at Durham university on Tuesday/Wednesday, which until about a week ago I thought was a week before the physics practicals... Turns out the externally marked exam part is on this Wednesday, same as the open day :frown:

Does anyone know if there is a way I can do the exam the day after? I really need to go to this open day, plus I've paid £80 for train tickets and overnight accommodation :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by kingkong95
I've got an open day at Durham university on Tuesday/Wednesday, which until about a week ago I thought was a week before the physics practicals... Turns out the externally marked exam part is on this Wednesday, same as the open day :frown:

Does anyone know if there is a way I can do the exam the day after? I really need to go to this open day, plus I've paid £80 for train tickets and overnight accommodation :frown:

At the end of the day, your ISA is much more important and if teacher's wont re schedule it, don't miss it...

Open days are good to go to but they're not imperative, Durham should have more on in the latter part of the year. You can try and organise a tour which some universities do...

As for the ticket, try and get a refund?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Young
At the end of the day, your ISA is much more important and if teacher's wont re schedule it, don't miss it...

Open days are good to go to but they're not imperative, Durham should have more on in the latter part of the year. You can try and organise a tour which some universities do...

As for the ticket, try and get a refund?

I'm not going to miss the ISA, I was just hoping for a way to do it at a different time... I've emailed my teacher, but I doubt he'll read it until tomorrow. So is the only way I can go if is the paper is rescheduled for the whole class? Is this even possible? Is there no way that I can sit it on my own after the others?

There is a visit day on the 27th of March, which I could go to. It's going to cost me a fortune, I think it's too late to get the train tickets refunded, but I'll look into it.

Thanks for the help :smile:
Most likely you will be able to change your train time for a fee of less than 5 pounds.

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 4
Original post by anonymouse01
Most likely you will be able to change your train time for a fee of less than 5 pounds.

That's what I'm thinking of doing :smile: Although tbh the visit day sounds a bit pointless :L According to the website you don't get to see inside the colleges or departments, so it's almost not worth going...

Any way, my teacher is speaking to the college exams officer to see what can be done, so hopefully I can go! If not, I'll have to take other peoples words for how awesome Durham is and try and get my ticket refunded tomorrow afternoon.

Quick Reply

Latest