The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by brotheromar
does anyone have the paper for aqa january 2013 mechanics 1b ????

I have a paper copy with me now if you want me to tell you the questions.
Reply 2
would be a huuuge help, thanks alot!
Reply 3
Original post by 002
I have a paper copy with me now if you want me to tell you the questions.

would be very helpful, thanks
Reply 4

1/

A car travels on a straight horizontal race track. The car decelerates uniformly from a speed of 20ms to a speed of 12ms as it travels a distance of 640 meters. The car then accelerates uniformly, travelling a further 1820 metres in 70 seconds.

Find the time that it take the car to travel the first 640m (3)

Find the deceleration of the car during the first 640 m (3)

Find the acceleration of the car as it travelle the further 1820m (3)

Find the speed of the car when it has completed the further 1820m (3)

Find the average speed of the car as it travels the 2460m (2)
Reply 5

2/

Three forces act on a particle, these forces are 9i + 3j N, 5i + 8j newtons and -7i + 3j N. the vectors I and j are perpendicular unit vectors.

Find the resultant of these forces (2)

Finf the magnitude of the resultant force (2)

Given that the particle has a mass 5kg, find the magnitude of the acceleration of the particle (2)

Find the angle between the resultant force and the unit vector iI (3)
Reply 6

3/

A box of mass 3kg, is placed on a rough slope inclined at an angle of forty degrees to the horizontal. It is released from rest and slides down the slope

Draw a diagram to show the forces acting on the box (1)

Find the magnitude of the normal reaction force acting on the box (2)

The coefficient of friction between the box and the slope is 0.2' find the magnitude of the friction force acting on the box. (2)

Find the acceleration of the box (3)

State an assumption that you have made about the forces acting on the box (1)
Reply 7
would be a huuuge help, thanks alot!

4/

A tractor of mass 3590kg is used to tow a trailer of mass 2400kg, across a horizontal field. The trailer is connected to the tractor by a horizontal towbar. As they move, a constant resistance force of 800 newtons acts on the tailor and a constant resistance force of R Newtons on the tractor. A forward driving force of 2500N acts on the tailor. The tractor and tailor accelerate at 0.2ms^2

Find R (3)

Find the magnitude if the force that the towbar exerts on the tailor (3)

State the magnitude of the force that the tow bar exerts in the tractor (1)
Reply 8
That should keep you going for now! I will be back in about an hour to type up the second half of the paper.
Reply 9
Original post by 002
That should keep you going for now! I will be back in about an hour to type up the second half of the paper.

Lifesaver thanks!!!!
Reply 10

Lifesaver thanks!!!!

5/

Two particles A and B are moving towards each other along the same straight horizontal line when they collide. partice A has a mass 5kg and particle B has a mass 4kg. Just before the collusion, the speed of A is 4ms and the speed of B is 3ms. After the collusion, the speed of A is 0.6ms and both particles move on the same straight horizontal line

Find the two possible speeds of B after the collusion (6)
Reply 11

Lifesaver thanks!!!!

A river has straight parallel banks. The water in the river is flowing at a constant velocity of 3ms parallel to the banks. A boat crosses the river from the point A to the point B so that it's path is at an angle alpha to the bank. The velocity of the boat relative to the water is 4ms perpendicular to the bank

Show that alpha = 53.1 degrees to 1DP (2)

The boat returns along the same straight path from B to A. Given that the speed of the boat relative to the water is still 4ms, find the magnitude of the resultant velocity f the boat on the return journey (6)
Reply 12
Original post by 002
A river has straight parallel banks. The water in the river is flowing at a constant velocity of 3ms parallel to the banks. A boat crosses the river from the point A to the point B so that it's path is at an angle alpha to the bank. The velocity of the boat relative to the water is 4ms perpendicular to the bank

Show that alpha = 53.1 degrees to 1DP (2)

The boat returns along the same straight path from B to A. Given that the speed of the boat relative to the water is still 4ms, find the magnitude of the resultant velocity f the boat on the return journey (6)

thanks alot, would u happen to have questions 7 and 8 also ?
Reply 13
do u know how to answer question 4, and 6b?
Reply 14

Hi, I'm really sorry that I forgot to post the last two questions!, I will get them up for you now...
Reply 15

7/

A particle is initially at point A, which has position vector 13,6 metres, with respect to the origin O. At the point A, the particle has velocity (6i+2.4j)ms^-1 and in its subsequent motion, it has a constant acceleration of (-0.8i+0.1j) ms^-2. The unit vectors I and j are directed East and North respectively

Find an expression for the velocity of the particle t seasons after it leaves A (2)

Find an expression for the position vector of the particle, with respect to the origin O, t secon after it leaves t (3)

Find the distance of the particle from the origin O when it is travelling in a north-westerly direction (7)
Reply 16

8/

A golf ball is hit from a point on a horizontal surface, so that it has a initial velocity Vms^-1 at an angle alpha above the horizontal. The ball travels through the air and after 2.4 seconds hits a vertical wall at a height of 3 metres. Thebll is a t a horizontal distance of 38.4 metres from the point where the ball s hit. Assume that the weight of the ball is the only force that acts on it as it travels through the air

Find the horizontal component of the velocity of the ball(2)

Find V (5)

Find alpha (3)
Reply 17
Hi sorry if its a bit off topic but it seems that you may answer my question and i dont want to start another thread.
Im writing exams as private candidate at one of the schools and i requested to write mm1b mm2b along with my cores. The question i have is there is no mm1a and mm2a, and if there are i dont have to write all for of them just two, am i right?
I just started freaking out after i noticed that at the end of my booklets there are both types of papers, and i dont think i have enough time to add more papers.
Reply 18
Are you talking about edexcel ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending