The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teddysmith123

Spoiler

Thanks dick, if only the subject of this thread said something like NO UNTAGGED FUTURE SPOILERS you might not have given away a massive spoiler.

Oh, wait...it does say that. You must just be an idiot then.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by paddyman4
Thanks dick, if only the subject of this thread said something like NO UNTAGGED FUTURE SPOILERS you might not have given away a massive spoiler.

Its not a spoiler its been announced in newspapers like the guardian and the times. Maybe if you read the news some times you wouldn't resort to making assumptions and using foul language!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I loved that episode. Monster of the week but a decent one. Lots of themes that we've seen before, but a fresh enough take on it. I think that was my favourite episode of the series so far. Intrigued to see where the Gus thing is going to go, and I'm glad that they mentioned the fact that the 11th Doctor nearly went there.

Its not a spoiler its been announced in newspapers like the guardian and the times. Maybe if you read the news some times you wouldn't resort to making assumptions and using foul language!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've had this conversation many times on this thread. Plenty of people have avoided that sort of spoiler and this thread is deliberately kept clear of them. You can still talk about them - but put them in spoiler tags so that people can choose to look or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its still a spoiler - lots of us have deliberately avoided any news about the series. If it's about an episode that hasn't been aired yet, then spoiler it.

You're doing the same thing by quoting it. Just saying.

I've edited all the offending posts.
Best episode of the season so far. Some great characters, a great monster, lots of Capaldi being a bamf. I'd have liked a double episode though.
Definitely the best episode so far. It was the first episode this season when I was shocked that it was over and 45minutes had already gone by. Can't wait for next week's episode!

Spoiler

I've never hated a companion before but Clara's edging towards hatred. Such a bland, 2 dimensional nothing character, there's nothing to her.
I'm still catching up on my episodes, so apologies for being a little behind, but I just finished the 'hatched from the eggie moon' epi and OMG what a load of total crap. Seriously, the worst Doctor Who I've seen for quite a while. The only mildly saving moment was the beautiful graphic from the beach when it hatched, but even then, what was it flying in??? Do the script writers know that space is, er, not full of air 'n stuff? Der.
Possibly the best episode of the season so far for me, although still not reached the level I'm hoping for. I think it's Clara, I'm not enjoying her this season, think she should just decide to leave instead of going backwards and forwards.

Don't worry, it's just a rumour, one that several people on the show have said isn't true (although from what I'm seeing on screen, I think they might be lying).
Clara > Amy
I thought she'd stick it out longer, but she'll be back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by St. Brynjar
Clara > Amy

pls no.
That started off well, but just became crap.

Also why did Missy have an iPad:indiff:
I enjoyed that, thought it was a decent episode with a concept that was actually original for once. I still don't like the stupid Missy sections at the end but apart from that I was pleased.
Decent until the crap resolution.
Best episode so far!
I can't tell if I enjoyed that or not. Certainly, I found the Doctor and Clara's role-reversal (the Doctor being the one giving any thought to those that died) to be a bit odd. A sign that he's never observed somebody behaving like he does, which ties in with the "am I a good man?" subplot, I suppose.
That was really quite good I thought - the missy section was interesting, I wonder who she is... :beard:
That was so good up there with the 50th special and the Christmas episode as one of the best episodes of Doctor Who ever made.I think we have found our new show runner Jamie Mathieson both of his episodes have been brilliant He needs to write the whole series.Clara was even good in this and I hate Clara.I loved how it seemed to be pretty balanced between how much Clara and The Doctor there was in the episode.I loved the fact that Jamie is introducing lots of extremely villainous foes like Gus and these 2D monsters which have absolutely no morality at all unlike those silly conclusions like Time Heist where the Teller is really quite a nice creature.

It was an extremely clever resolution to have a painting of a door used to trick the monsters into trying to make it 3D and then that energy being used to power up the Tardis and I loved how The Doctor said "some of you might survive the trip" implying The Doctor was going to murder some of them and didn't care because they were so evil.It would have been nice to have the creatures talk a bit more saying "this world is ours we are running out of energy to sustain 2D living and thus must take your world and your pathetic human lives".

Episodes like this could give Doctor Who a chance to compete with great shows like Once Upon a Time and Wizards vs Aliens, which are currently undeniably better written today's Doctor Who episode was like a good Wizards vs Aliens episode and reminded me a lot of the show which is returning 27th October-the current Once Upon a Time Doctor Who scoreline is 2-1 this series and the 1 was Mummy on the Orient Express so with Jamie Mathieson it is likely Doctor Who will draw level but of course with some of the atrocities in this series like Listen and The Caretaker it will still be far behind but if Jamie ran the show it wouldn't be.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest