The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XKangaotiCX
I'm the same; enjoyed the episodes with missy in it too!

Spoiler

I’ve never particularly liked Missy as a character, myself. I prefer John Simm’s Master a lot more, so I was thrilled when he returned at the end of series 10.

If only they didn’t spoil his return by putting it in the preview trailer for the episode! It would have been such a gasp-inducing cliffhanger. :lol:
Original post by username4548094
I’ve never particularly liked Missy as a character, myself. I prefer John Simm’s Master a lot more, so I was thrilled when he returned at the end of series 10.

If only they didn’t spoil his return by putting it in the preview trailer for the episode! It would have been such a gasp-inducing cliffhanger. :lol:

I'm curious, was there anything in particular you didn't like about missy? I also liked John Simm's master, wasn't a huge fan of his first appearance though, there were points when he'd go completely off the rails to a comic level and that annoyed me (asides from that, I thought he was brilliant and had a great chemistry with Tennant).

Yeah for real, that and the mondasian cybermen reveal... I guess at that point the bbc were desperate for views.
Original post by CoolCavy
Pretty much same her, stoppedwatchingas much when Clara came then stopped watching entirely when capaldi came until the recent series.
She's alright, the episodes aren't bad and ther were some good ones but even the stronger ones still lseem weak when compared to the strongest episodes of trnnant, eccleston and Smith. There's also too many companions, yaz adds absolutely nothing
What's your opinion of her?:smile:

I have disputes on this front, Yaz is the strongest companion by far in my view! :yep:
Not sure if we have a new official thread but since we are finally getting rid Whitaker I thought I’d report that on top of the 60th special, David Tennant is now the heavy favourite to be the 14th regeneration (or 10th reversion). Excellent news in my opinion.
Terrible in mine, it means just a retread rather than going forward and RTD and Tenannt were both vastly overated its more they became icons of the show especially Nu Who.

10's episodes were mostly 40 minutes of not much happening, find a magical like way to beat enemy (often the Sonic Screwdriver) and end.

9 was far better.

11 was so lore heavy it was hard to watch once but great for rewatches.

Jodie, just awful.
Original post by Rakas21
Not sure if we have a new official thread but since we are finally getting rid Whitaker I thought I’d report that on top of the 60th special, David Tennant is now the heavy favourite to be the 14th regeneration (or 10th reversion). Excellent news in my opinion.

Just found this thread and thought to add that Ncuti Gatwa has been announced as the next Doctor
Original post by hutchoz
Just found this thread and thought to add that Ncuti Gatwa has been announced as the next Doctor

Yes, I’m expecting the kind of crackpot wokeism and diversity obsession we got from that horrid companion in series 10.
Original post by Rakas21
Yes, I’m expecting the kind of crackpot wokeism and diversity obsession we got from that horrid companion in series 10.

Same, I'm just hoping they go back to only having one or two companions, that would be an improvement and better stories. Personally, I don't mind the wokeism and diversity obsession as long as it doesn't take away from the story or how enjoyable it is to watch.

Quick Reply

Latest