The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Firstly Richard Madden as the Doctor would be damn interesting. That would get me watching to begin with as I have been wanting a more darker doctor for a while and I could see him going quiet dark

Though now onto what I meant to say. I am in need of some sort of suit or tidy clothes for my graduation as I sadly can't rock up in jeans and t-shirt like I do for everything else. But as I am not a fan of suits normally i don't want a plain one which is why I am very thinking about wearing a suit similar to David Tennants 10th Doctor blue suit. The thing is I am not sure where to get a decent not stupidly priced one. They all either seem to be costume so badly made ones or uber expensive ones.

Does anyone have any good idea's of places to look for one? As the only thing that is holding me back from getting one is at the moment price haha. It would make my graduation much more interesting
Original post by JWH
Firstly Richard Madden as the Doctor would be damn interesting. That would get me watching to begin with as I have been wanting a more darker doctor for a while and I could see him going quiet dark

Though now onto what I meant to say. I am in need of some sort of suit or tidy clothes for my graduation as I sadly can't rock up in jeans and t-shirt like I do for everything else. But as I am not a fan of suits normally i don't want a plain one which is why I am very thinking about wearing a suit similar to David Tennants 10th Doctor blue suit. The thing is I am not sure where to get a decent not stupidly priced one. They all either seem to be costume so badly made ones or uber expensive ones.

Does anyone have any good idea's of places to look for one? As the only thing that is holding me back from getting one is at the moment price haha. It would make my graduation much more interesting

Long shot but your local charity shops?
Original post by Mr.Messy
It's probably a long shot but I have a sneaky feeling that it could be Richard Madden. He's probably the only 'known' actor I'd like to see try take on the role of the Doctor. Otherwise, I'd like to see a less widely known actor as the Doctor, as Matt was at the time.

Edit: Actually not that long of a shot. :tongue:
Quite a few actors from Game of Thrones have appeared on Doctor Who (albeit just only in singular episodes), 4 in the last season alone iirc. Jenna-Louise Coleman is dating Richard Madden too, if that counts for anything. Plus, I don't think his schedule is that busy now that he's finished with GOT.

Nah, I highly doubt that!
I'd love it to be Sam Troughton.
Reply 1803
Original post by SirMasterKey
Long shot but your local charity shops?

I have been trying to check them but as I work nights and so sleep during the times shops are open I haven't had the chance to yet which is why I have been looking for one online.
Reply 1804
Original post by JWH
I have been trying to check them but as I work nights and so sleep during the times shops are open I haven't had the chance to yet which is why I have been looking for one online.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/brown-pin-stripe-suit-ben-sherman-/300937508961?pt=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&hash=item461145f861

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-NEXT-Suit-Brown-Pin-stripe-42R-34R-/281141514136?pt=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&hash=item4175570f98

That sort of thing?
Anyone into the Big Finish Audio Productions for Doctor Who? I need some recs for some stories as so far nearly every one i've been interested in is far too expensive for how long they are :frown:
Original post by Malevolent

I was just about to post this :mad::biggrin::biggrin:

I am soooo excited!! :smile:
Original post by Maid Marian
I was just about to post this :mad::biggrin::biggrin:

I am soooo excited!! :smile:

Sorry! :sad:

hjunhpobmjyptaj,[gll,g

HECKETH YEAH.

Have you seen that Peter Capaldi is tipped to be the new Doctor by some bookies? As unlikely as I think it is I would cry tears of joy if it happened.
Sorry! :sad:

Lol it's fine, you were quicker! XD :biggrin:

To poster above, I would also cry with happiness if it was Peter Capaldi :biggrin:
Lol it's fine, you were quicker! XD :biggrin:

To poster above, I would also cry with happiness if it was Peter Capaldi :biggrin:

:macarena::lovehug::rave:

Either him or Tamsin Greig would be wonderful beyond words, it would be nice to see and older looking doctor and a season of his schmexy Scottish accent yelling at cyborgs is my idea of sci-fi heaven.

Only issue is they'll probably want someone less famous...
I really hope the new Doctor is at least 30.
Why do I get the feeling I'm going to massively underwhelmed or disappointed by the new Doctor?
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
:macarena::lovehug::rave:

Either him or Tamsin Greig would be wonderful beyond words, it would be nice to see and older looking doctor and a season of his schmexy Scottish accent yelling at cyborgs is my idea of sci-fi heaven.

Only issue is they'll probably want someone less famous...

Who is Tamsin Greig? I haven't heard of him! :K:

I just want it to be Capaldi. Please, please let it be Capaldi. :redface:

Dammit I can't wait until Sunday! :sigh::sigh:
Who is Tamsin Greig? I haven't heard of him! :K:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0340067/

Off the top of my head, she was in Black Books and Shaun of the Dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by shadowdweller
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0340067/

Off the top of my head, she was in Black Books and Shaun of the Dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, it's a her :colondollar:
Meh, I don't want it to be a woman. :frown:
Oh, it's a her :colondollar:
Meh, I don't want it to be a woman. :frown:

I'd quite like it to be a women it'd be really interesting to see how/if the dynamic changes. But I can see why people would object

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest