The Student Room Group

Need advices on Bulldog dispute, Plz help me~

Ordered Bulldog at the end of Feb.
Sales agent promised 4-5m bandwidth, availibity check on Bulldog's website using land line number and post code showed 8m broadband was available at that moment. And the mini contract period was 6 month.

At the begining of Mar.
It's actually 1m service, customer service told me there was no 8m service in my area, and got confirmed from Bulldog website about this, we have been told that the 8m service would be available at 31-Mar-06 .

Waitting until 01-April
It's still 1m, then went onto Bulldog's website and contact customer service, all gave out the same answer:"8m service would be available at 31-May-06, before that 1m only." Getting mad~~

Cancel their service
Then cancel the "fantastic" service before they trying to change my BT line to Bulldog. The first time I asked to cancel, they just did not answer, the second time I ask BT to cancel this broadband service, got confirmed.

Got bill at the beginning of May
Called their customer service immediatly, the agent admited that I canceled before the service activited, after reporting to his manager, he told me problem had been solved, I dont need to pay anything.

Got a huge bill again.
Today, got a bill of more than 460GBP!!!! The agent told me I have to pay for a 12 month contract. Whatever I try to tell him, the gay just ignor.

Any advices? Anybody can help me out of here please.
Reply 1
Well, first try phoning them again.

If that doesn't work, send a formal (but nice!) letter to them explaining the problem (and usually people suggest you send it recorded to be signed for).

If that doesn't work, perhaps send a complaint through Ofcom? See here: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/
Reply 2
KPeh
Well, first try phoning them again.

If that doesn't work, send a formal (but nice!) letter to them explaining the problem (and usually people suggest you send it recorded to be signed for).

If that doesn't work, perhaps send a complaint through Ofcom? See here: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/

Thanks a lot KPeh.
Does Ofcom have the power to stop Bulldog billing me?

Latest

Trending

Trending