The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got M1 this afternoon :s-smilie:
Killed my C 1 and 2 in January but I don't think i'll do as well in this, I keep on making stupid errors like forgetting g and subbing in the wrong values.

The only preparation I'm doing this morning is making sure I have the right music in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4
crap! I'm scared, I hope they don't give us a real hard vectors question :-( I hate them ship ones! (M1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColourblindKid
Killed my C 1 and 2 in January but I don't think i'll do as well in this, I keep on making stupid errors like forgetting g and subbing in the wrong values.

The only preparation I'm doing this morning is making sure I have the right music in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4

Make sure you turn off the radio on the way to your exam, or wear earphones. I had some awesome music in my head on my way to my C1 exam in January... and then Bruno Mars came on the radio :rolleyes:
good luck to everyone doing M1
Original post by Frankster
Could you tell me how you got 1/3 ms^-2 for the acceleration? :confused: really stumped. Thanks :smile:

Also in vectors when something is north-east, south-east, north-west, south-west, to another object how do you go about those questions? I can do the ones which are due south or north :colondollar:

Was about to reply to you in previous thread, but got closed :tongue: ....

u=1.5 s=6 t=3 ... a=?

s=ut + 1/2 at2
a=1/3

NE... i=j
NW .... -i=j
SE... -i=j
SW... i=j
Original post by posthumus
Was about to reply to you in previous thread, but got closed :tongue: ....

u=1.5 s=6 t=3 ... a=?

s=ut + 1/2 at2
a=1/3

NE... i=j
NW .... -i=j
SE... -i=j
SW... i=j

Hey thanks for that. So if we have two ships. Q is NE of R, so will the i vector of Q be equal to the j vector of R?

Actually I got it, it's the resultant of the two ships. and then u equate the two
(edited 10 years ago)
I am gonna fail all of math!!!
I got an a in as but a2 is a whole other story

i got a d in c3!!!! An effing d!!!!!

I just got my m1 mock back just yesterday im gonna fail so bad because my school is soo behind
Reply 327
Original post by CONFUSED19
I am gonna fail all of math!!!
I got an a in as but a2 is a whole other story

i got a d in c3!!!! An effing d!!!!!

I just got my m1 mock back just yesterday im gonna fail so bad because my school is soo behind

What topics are bugging you?
Remember to anyone that just did the C1 paper, no discussion please (edexcel).
Dreading this at the moment. C1/M1 clash
Original post by CD315
What topics are bugging you?

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Maybe I can pass M1 today
I dunno.
I can solve most of the past paper qs but it also depends on whether or not I lose it in the exam hall

C4 is an absolute nightmare
I cant solve anything!
Reply 331
can anyone remember which paper that thrust question was on?
So for NW, I know that -i = j but putting it in application, is it used in circumstances such as ships? For example, P is at the position vector p and Q is at the position vector q. Find the time when Q is north west of P.
Do we find vector P-->Q and then equate -i = j?
Whaaat sum1 did c1 alredi daamn anyway can anyone shw me d proof for arithmetic sequence in c1 iv got it in 2hrs n i dont know it!!!!
Oooooo, just finished my M1 maths. CIE though. So Good luck to the rest of you! :smile: Tell me how it goes (when you get it done)
Reply 335
Original post by Revisionbug
Whaaat sum1 did c1 alredi daamn anyway can anyone shw me d proof for arithmetic sequence in c1 iv got it in 2hrs n i dont know it!!!!

Sn=a+(a+d)+...+(a+(n1)d)[br]Sn=(a+(n1)d)+...+(a+d)+a[br]Adding each term to the other:[br]2Sn=n(2a+(n1)d)[br]Sn=n2(2a+(n1)d)S_n = a + (a+d) + . . . + (a +(n-1)d)[br]S_n = (a +(n-1)d) + . . . + (a+d) + a[br]\mathrm{ Adding \ each \ term \ to \ the \ other:}[br]\Rightarrow 2S_n = n(2a +(n-1)d)[br]\Rightarrow S_n = \frac{n}{2}(2a +(n-1)d)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 336
Original post by yl95
So for NW, I know that -i = j but putting it in application, is it used in circumstances such as ships? For example, P is at the position vector p and Q is at the position vector q. Find the time when Q is north west of P.
Do we find vector P-->Q and then equate -i = j?

yeh exactly that find PQ---> first, then equate it to -i=j and same if it was NE/SW/SE but i=j/ -i=-j/ i=-j respectively
Original post by JenniS
can anyone remember which paper that thrust question was on?

There was a thrust question on May 09 - Question 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have notes for S1? Particularly those questions which we have to answer by text (comparing two things etc) Also any M2 notes are greatly appreciated!

Original post by ColourblindKid

I have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA in my head when I'm doing M1.
Quick question for M1 guys. When you are doing a calculation and substituting in previous values like using tension you worked out earlier to find out acceleration or vice versa; do you use the 3.s.f rounded figure or do you store the exact decimal in your calculator and then use that ?

Latest

Trending

Trending