The Student Room Group

Official Poetry AQA GCSE thread - Thursday 23rd may 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Farhan96
Does anyone have a AQA marked response for Section A?

Yes does anyone? I wish AQA didn't only provide them to teachers.
Also, some person asked about the difference between evaluation of effects and analysis of effects, and evaluative selection and analytical selection, what actually is the difference?
Reply 181
Original post by Avor
Also, some person asked about the difference between evaluation of effects and analysis of effects, and evaluative selection and analytical selection, what actually is the difference?

there is an exemplar one in my 1st post.. for the relationships cluster... i cant find any for the rest unfortunately
Reply 182
Original post by xKatex16
How do you know that Sonnet 116 will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to the first page of this thread, ryan posted a documentation containing the POSSIBLE named poems
Original post by lolface32
Depends if you got anything for me in return :rolleyes:

But yeah, I got 3 points. Can't be asked to type it up so I will do one? :colondollar:

Notice how Stanza 1 ends with an unfinished blazon ( a blazon being "a poem complimenting a lover's features from head to toe"). He starts with the eyes and forehead and moves down to the breasts and heart. What Marvell meant is open to interpretation, but I think it implies his motives if you know what I mean :wink: Obviously I will make another point to explain this, something completely different.

Haha yeah I get you thanks! :biggrin: ermmm I guess you could comment on lines 8&10 which imply that their love starts just after the creation of the world and stops just before the end- its not a simple start and finish. You could infer that 'true love' only develops in time, suggesting lust (sin) always comes before actual love, giving the speaker a stonger argument for wooing her i guess ... just an interpretation
Reply 184
Original post by farhana97
which poems have already come up for character and voice?

These are the poems that seem the most likely to come up for character and voice:

Les Grands Seigneurs, The River God, Casehistory: Alison (Head Injury) and On A Portrait of a Deaf Man.

On the attached file, is a thorough analysis of cluster 1: character and voice, collaborated into a PDF file. Hope I helped.
Reply 185
Original post by Ieatunicorns
Haha yeah I get you thanks! :biggrin: ermmm I guess you could comment on lines 8&10 which imply that their love starts just after the creation of the world and stops just before the end- its not a simple start and finish. You could infer that 'true love' only develops in time, suggesting lust (sin) always comes before actual love, giving the speaker a stonger argument for wooing her i guess ... just an interpretation

Took a little to get my head around but, I got there in the end. :biggrin:

Wanna keep doing this thing where we share ideas? It really is broadening :smile:
Reply 186
Can anyone aid me with how to structure my response to this question A even more? I know what I need to discuss about from a previous question but I need a little more detail...

Is it P-E-E then another P-E-E comparing? Or is it something else...
Reply 187
Original post by Avor

The analysis of effects would be more what effect it has on the reader and analytical selection would be like one word analyses which examiners love.
Reply 188
Original post by Newdle
Can anyone aid me with how to structure my response to this question A even more? I know what I need to discuss about from a previous question but I need a little more detail...

Is it P-E-E then another P-E-E comparing? Or is it something else...

i normally use PEEL...where L is link back to the question
i normally do 1 paragraph one point e.g.

m1 - structre
m2 -structre
m1- imagery
m2-imagery

if you get that idea?
ryan
Reply 189
Original post by ryanb97
there is an exemplar one in my 1st post.. for the relationships cluster... i cant find any for the rest unfortunately

For Section A though? Out of 36?

Spag marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97

m1 - structre
m2 -structre
m1- imagery
m2-imagery

if you get that idea?
ryan

You doing relationship cluster?
If you are what poems you think will come up?
I'm thinking Ghazal or/and Sonnet 116.
Both of which have not come up.
And a sonnet has not come up in the past 3 exams.
Original post by lolface32
Took a little to get my head around but, I got there in the end. :biggrin:

Wanna keep doing this thing where we share ideas? It really is broadening :smile:

Yeah I agree! What poems would you compare THCM with? I was thinking maybe TFB or manhunt..
Reply 193
Original post by ryanb97

m1 - structre
m2 -structre
m1- imagery
m2-imagery

if you get that idea?
ryan

I'm not so sure on doing imagery, surely that would come under 'language' and how it creates this imagery?

But would I do something like this -

Paragraph 1 - Introduction
Paragraph 2 - P-E-E-L structure & compare
Paragraph 3 - P-E-E-L structure & compare
Paragraph 3 - P-E-E-L language & compare
Paragraph 4 - P-E-E-L language & compare
Paragraph 5 - P-E-E-L attitudes/feels/themes & compare
Paragraph 6 - Personal response

I feel like I'm doing this totally wrong, also, how would I incorporate the effect on readers?

And how would I link it back to the question, like would I put 'Armitage uses metaphors to present this unusual character' and then move onto comparing a different language feature for the other poem in the same paragraph?
What's the difference between language, structure and form and can someone give examples?
Reply 195
what poems do you think will come up for poetry anthology ???
Reply 196
Original post by artyom
These are the poems that seem the most likely to come up for character and voice:

Les Grands Seigneurs, The River God, Casehistory: Alison (Head Injury) and On A Portrait of a Deaf Man.

On the attached file, is a thorough analysis of cluster 1: character and voice, collaborated into a PDF file. Hope I helped.

do u have one 4 conflict?
Reply 197
Original post by MrB24
do u have one 4 conflict?

1st post
Reply 198
Original post by cleveradam
You doing relationship cluster?
If you are what poems you think will come up?
I'm thinking Ghazal or/and Sonnet 116.
Both of which have not come up.
And a sonnet has not come up in the past 3 exams.

nope im doing conflict

sorry...:biggrin:
Reply 199

i think it is

it didnt get full mark..it got 32/36 . oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending