The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln University SnowSports Team (LUSST)

We don't mess about. We're the biggest and most active team at Lincoln, and proud of it. We have huge socials, amazing trips, and a crazy amount of like-minded people ready to have fun!

I'm Greg and I'm this years Vice President for the Lincoln University Snow Sports Team. Just wanted to let you know a bit about what we do, and hopefully persuade you to think about joining the team when you head over to Lincoln in September!

LUSST has been running for 10 years now and has grown rapidly over the last 4 years, and last year we became the biggest team within the university for the second year in a row.
LUSST is packed with skiers and snowboarders eager to go play in the snow.. we hold weekly socials, bi-weekly trips to Xscape Castleford, monthly freestyle nights, and have a BIG winter ski trip to a mountain resort (location tbc). Last year, 80 of us headed out to Andorra over NYE, and we also ran our second ever Easter trip to Les Arc, France.

We welcome all freshers, 2nd and 3rd years, all levels of ability. So whether you've never done it before, or are a keen enthusiast - you're all welcome to join!

★★★ SOCIALS 13/14 ★★★

We consider ourselves to be one of the friendlier and more social teams at the uni, being one of the few teams that hosts socials every week without fail. We usually go out every Monday or Tuesday night with the whole team, first meeting up in a bar with our own VIP area, before moving on to one of Lincoln’s nightclubs for even more sweet deals. You’ll never forget a night out with LUSST, (unless you drink too much).
For our first official social of the 13/14 year, we’ll be having a meet and greet early on, probably straight after freshers week, so if you aren’t sure about joining, apologise to your liver and come along to get to know everyone and find out a bit more about the team.

★★★ XSCAPE 13/14 ★★★

No previous experience is required, it doesn't matter if you've never skied or snowboarded before, heck it doesn't even matter if you've never seen snow before! You can still join the team and start from scratch with some lessons at Xscape. As long as you can understand that sliding down a snowy hill is fun then you’re pretty much sorted, and if you start learning tricks, well, you’re in for a hell of a rush!

However, for those of you with a few years under your salopettes, get your butt on the coach to one of our bi-weekly Xscape trips as you could well be the new blood we need in the freestyle and/or slalom teams. After all, graduation means that every year we lose some of our best.

Every other Wednesday we head up north to Castleford’s 200m indoor snow slope, where you can learn to ski or snowboard, or simply come along for a recreational session.

Pricing is still to be confirmed for the 13/14 season, but check out the info tab on our Facebook for a better idea.

★★★ RACE TEAM ★★★
This year we are making a dedicated race team to reprisent Lincoln at events across the country. We will be training as much as we can at a dry slope about an hour away from Lincoln. If you are interested in taking part in the race team please contact us via our facebook page. Just search 'Lincoln Snowsports' on Facebook.

★★★ ANNUAL TRIP 13/14 ★★★

Every year, LUSST organises an amazing week long trip to somewhere in the alps. This year we'll be heading out to ski resort (location tbc) with NUCO who take tens of thousands of students to resorts all over the alps every year.

LUSST is infamous for snapping up the ‘Event of the Year’ award at the sports and societies awards.

This year's holiday is definitely not to be missed.

Videos of last years holidays can be found in our Facebook profile info section (check my profile on here for the link).

★★★ HOW DO I JOIN? ★★★

If I've done a good enough job of persuading you that joining the team will be the best decision you could possibly make when you head up to Lincoln, then come along and see us at the Sports & Societies Fayre in Freshers week and get your name down to our mailing list and add our profile on Facebook! Full details with how to join will be explained in September, and can be found on the info section of our Facebook.

The link to our Facebook can be found in my profile, or just search "Lincoln SnowSports".

Any questions, fire away!
Have a look at this tribute video our ex-President made about his 3 years on Snowsports! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_veBmOXWhk

Joe,
Social Sec.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
winter trip.jpg

Here's a little teaser for any of you thinking of coming on the winter trip :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest