The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2014 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5640
Original post by london123abc
Anyone had any success stories of people getting offers when they are on hold? Got told last Friday I've been put On hold at a bb they told me the latest I will hear back is the 1st April.

Same thing happened to me with DB last year. Was called back following a final round to be told they couldn't make an offer but invited me to interview for another division. Did 1st and final round again (no fast track) and was then put on hold as they were trying to secure additional headcounts. Rejection came through a few weeks later.
Reply 5641
Anyone had any success stories of people getting offers when they are on hold? Got told last Friday I've been put On hold at a bb they told me the latest I will hear back is the 1st April.

Got a FT offer after being on hold for 5 weeks.
Original post by tharyla
Same thing happened to me with DB last year. Was called back following a final round to be told they couldn't make an offer but invited me to interview for another division. Did 1st and final round again (no fast track) and was then put on hold as they were trying to secure additional headcounts. Rejection came through a few weeks later.

what division was this for? Was this for summer internship?

Mine was for deutsche bank as well
(edited 10 years ago)
what division was this for? Was this for summer internship?

Mine was for deutsche bank as well

London, on hold simply means they will review you against other past and future candidates. You did well but u were not "Omg we need to hire this guy". There is no set formula. Just wait for an update.
Anyone who has had a superday with Jefferies for full-time please PM me. Happy to provide intel on numerous boutique and bulge bracket processes!
Original post by banker1234
Has anyone interviewed with State Street this year for the Global Markets internship ??

Have you had the telephone interview?
Original post by Anon121213
Have you had the telephone interview?

Yes I did the second round telephone interveiw at the start of march . Now waiting for final interveiw to be scheduled. How about you??
Original post by banker1234
Yes I did the second round telephone interveiw at the start of march . Now waiting for final interveiw to be scheduled. How about you??

Had the telephone interview at the start of March - yet to hear back. When did you find out that you had passed the tele interview?
Original post by Anon121213
Had the telephone interview at the start of March - yet to hear back. When did you find out that you had passed the tele interview?

He told me at the end of the interveiw while I was on the phone that he was passing my application to the final round. It may depend on division as we'll so I wouldn't worry.
by the way you should call them. The recruitment is all in India so they don't care.
which role did u apply for within global markets?
Reply 5649
Got a choice between (intern) Sales at an IB or an intern at a Central Bank. Which one would you pick?
Reply 5650
Original post by towers
Got a choice between (intern) Sales at an IB or an intern at a Central Bank. Which one would you pick?

Do you know what product you'd be covering at the IB? What would your function be at the central bank?

Sales is a pretty cool gig in any case.
Reply 5651
Original post by SonnyZH
Do you know what product you'd be covering at the IB? What would your function be at the central bank?

Sales is a pretty cool gig in any case.

Mostly derivatives. At central bank it would be monetary analysis (standard).
Reply 5652
Did anyone else apply to the Aurelius Investments Intern Program? Heard anything?
Original post by amoled
Don't worry about that email, it just means you have to wait. After about a month some people are invited to an AC, others are rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey mate,

I got the same message - interviewed for off-cycle internship on 18/03/2014.

Have you got any word back yet? can you shed any further light into the email. i.e did some candidates receive AC invites straight off and others get rejected, or did everyone who attended the first round interview receive this kind of email?
Reply 5654
Original post by DadaLi
Those already holding offers .. anyone willing to share/compare remuneration schemes?

just to add a little bit of salt to this almost dead thread.. these are the info that i have on the industry from myself and my closest friends at uni..

MS ibd. 45k (told me that for analyst is the same for 3 years, but plus bonus)
GS equity rsch&ibd 45k
CS s&t 42k
CS off-cycle equity rsch 45k
Blackrock rqa, 38k
Lloyds 24.5k products (grad 38k)
Schroders multi-asset 27k

feel free to update the list :biggrin:
Reply 5655
I have an offer for a 3 month summer internship with a boutique IB in the US, the only compensation is a "discretionary bonus" given at the end of the 3 months. Anyone have any idea what range that might be in?
Reply 5656
Original post by MMCBREN69
Hey mate,

I got the same message - interviewed for off-cycle internship on 18/03/2014.

Have you got any word back yet? can you shed any further light into the email. i.e did some candidates receive AC invites straight off and others get rejected, or did everyone who attended the first round interview receive this kind of email?

Still waiting also - got the same email. Any response?
Hey guys,

I've applied for quite a few internships. I have a phone interview with KPMG on Friday but am not holding out much hope as so many people seem to be getting emails saying the sections they applied for are now full.

I've also applied for the following:
-Legg Mason
-Citi
-Alpha Sights
-UniCredit
-Nomura
-Santander
-Temasek
-Grant Thornton
-British Council

And have been turned down by RBS, HBSC, and Barclays already.. Anyone else applied to any of the same and heard anything back yet?

I'm kinda just casting the net wide in the hope that I get something... Has any used city-internships.com? Or got any other advise about places that are still recruiting?
Original post by ss281
Still waiting also - got the same email. Any response?

Not yet, when did you do your round 1 interview?
Original post by NathanCPFCD
Hey guys,

I've applied for quite a few internships. I have a phone interview with KPMG on Friday but am not holding out much hope as so many people seem to be getting emails saying the sections they applied for are now full.

I've also applied for the following:
-Legg Mason
-Citi
-Alpha Sights
-UniCredit
-Nomura
-Santander
-Temasek
-Grant Thornton
-British Council

And have been turned down by RBS, HBSC, and Barclays already.. Anyone else applied to any of the same and heard anything back yet?

I'm kinda just casting the net wide in the hope that I get something... Has any used city-internships.com? Or got any other advise about places that are still recruiting?

I got the Alpha Sights video interview for a summer internship last night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending