The Student Room Group

Royal Veterinary College in 2014

Hey guys! My name's Melody :smile: So I thought I'd start a thread for people starting at RVC in September 2014 (or applying for 2014) :smile:
So yeah, share if you're taking a gap year!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am taking a gap year and will be applying for RVC :-) My names siobhan!
Has anyone heard from them yet? I've applied for their D100 course and the RVC is the only one out of all 5 choices that I have not heard from yet.

I don't even know if they received my work experience questionnaire or my application!
Reply 3
I sent off my application on the 15th and the next day received an offer for biovet science! Super happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazzzygirl
I sent off my application on the 15th and the next day received an offer for biovet science! Super happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! Are you a UK/EU student? I'm an international applicant and I took the IB. Are there any international applicants who have received a reply so far?
Reply 5
Ive not heard back from RVC or Liverpool. Terrified. And Nottingham hasnt sent out the questionairre yet. They were much quicker last year! Dont know if something has gone wrong!
I put my application in on the 11th. Had an offer for Biovet by the Monday :biggrin: BBB. Now got an interview with Haper adams :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Jennifer Kwok
Wow! Are you a UK/EU student? I'm an international applicant and I took the IB. Are there any international applicants who have received a reply so far?

I'm a UK student. Not sure about international students but I'd have thought they would send out offers at the same time?

I applied for biovet @ RVC last year and didn't get an offer til waaaay after Christmas so I wouldn't worry! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey :smile:

I have an unconditional offer for bioveterinary sciences at the RVC. I also applied for harper Adams and got an interview which I turned down as I really want to go to the RVC.
So I will be starting in September 2014 and I am now on a gap year. Anyone feel free to message me - it would be nice to et to know some people on my course :smile:
Original post by leprechaaun
Ive not heard back from RVC or Liverpool. Terrified. And Nottingham hasnt sent out the questionairre yet. They were much quicker last year! Dont know if something has gone wrong!

You won't normally hear from Liverpool until November time with the questionnaire. A lot of unis do things in batches so don't worry too much if you are still waiting - no news is good news :wink:
Reply 10
I've applied to Veterinary Science this year and I was wondering what people would recommend as a back-up course?
Original post by Chungy1
I've applied to Veterinary Science this year and I was wondering what people would recommend as a back-up course?

I would say bioveterinary sciences or animal science. Depending on where you apply requirements for these can vary from ABB to BBC
Reply 12
I sent in my application mid october for the BSc Bioveterinary science course, but i still havent heard from them? Is that anything normal? :L
Omar
Original post by HarrietHarry

I have an unconditional offer for bioveterinary sciences at the RVC. I also applied for harper Adams and got an interview which I turned down as I really want to go to the RVC.
So I will be starting in September 2014 and I am now on a gap year. Anyone feel free to message me - it would be nice to et to know some people on my course :smile:

Hello Harriet,
I'm Vanessa :-) I'm starting this September at the RVC BioVeterinary Science.
It's nice to have met someone that it's on my course ! :-)
Reply 14
Im Anni! Im also going to be starting the Biovet course at RVC this September, anyone know which halls they going to be in yet? I've been given a place in College Grove, anyone else going to be there? Would be lovely to get to know others on the course.
x

ps. anyone else freaking out they not going to get the grades ?? :/
Hey, I'm Eriko and I'll be starting Biovet in September too. Still working on all the visa stuff since I'm an intl student.
So, school's starting on the 10th of September? I totally thought it was the 23rd since that was what UCAS said when I applied :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnniNR
Im Anni! Im also going to be starting the Biovet course at RVC this September, anyone know which halls they going to be in yet? I've been given a place in College Grove, anyone else going to be there? Would be lovely to get to know others on the course.
x

ps. anyone else freaking out they not going to get the grades ?? :/

Hey! I've been placed in College Grove too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Im gonna be in college Grove also!!
Reply 18
Hi Guys!

It's nice to meet all of you.

I'll be in College Grove this year too! I'm an international student and I just got my visa, I was a little worried, so thank goodness!

Is anyone else going to orientation on the 11th?
Reply 19
Hey !Yeh Im also a bit confused about these start dates... when does freshers week start? Does anyone know :/Annix

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending