The Student Room Group

Interview

Hi, has anyone completed an interview for vet nursing at royal veterinary college in London or Middlesex yet?
If so what was it like?
Hi, just completed the Middlesex uni interview and I received an offer! Mine was held online as I am from west yorkshire but it was just a chat about your skills, if you read through the email carefully they mention the skills they are testing you on, think of a scenario and apply it. I cant think of the questions off the top of my head but it was very basic and you can catch yourself repeating yourself. It was about 45 mins with a presentation i created about a scenario i was given, add a bit of personality to the presentation eg pictures of you with animals and definitely recommend using 1 flashcard for 1 slide as it stopped me from going off topic.
Original post by weronika22_
Hi, just completed the Middlesex uni interview and I received an offer! Mine was held online as I am from west yorkshire but it was just a chat about your skills, if you read through the email carefully they mention the skills they are testing you on, think of a scenario and apply it. I cant think of the questions off the top of my head but it was very basic and you can catch yourself repeating yourself. It was about 45 mins with a presentation i created about a scenario i was given, add a bit of personality to the presentation eg pictures of you with animals and definitely recommend using 1 flashcard for 1 slide as it stopped me from going off topic.
Hiya, Ive got mine in a few days! Could you elaborate on the powerpoint? How many slides did you do and how did you answer the scenario question well! Many thanks!
Original post by h_alimaaa
Hiya, Ive got mine in a few days! Could you elaborate on the powerpoint? How many slides did you do and how did you answer the scenario question well! Many thanks!
Hiya, I received a scenario about a rabbit, I did about 5 slides, you get questions about the scenario so i advise you mention the point on the slide but explain it in words, i also used flashcards for each slide. I timed myself and rehearsed the presentation as it needs to be less than 5 mins- dont make it sound too scripted/ as if youre reading it off paper. 5 mins is honestly not long! show what you can, use veterinary language and mention an example from your work experience. The person interviewing you will be very nice, add some humour make it more like a conversation than an tense interview. Good luck, any questions feel free to ask :smile:
omg you're the literal best! thankyou so much for replying to me! yeah my question is on a rabbit too! so i'll try do some research and answer them as best i can, however i don't have the experience because i was the class of COVID, does that matter? also i heard there's a Q&A portion, whats included in that? thankyou again 😊
Original post by weronika22_
Hiya, I received a scenario about a rabbit, I did about 5 slides, you get questions about the scenario so i advise you mention the point on the slide but explain it in words, i also used flashcards for each slide. I timed myself and rehearsed the presentation as it needs to be less than 5 mins- dont make it sound too scripted/ as if youre reading it off paper. 5 mins is honestly not long! show what you can, use veterinary language and mention an example from your work experience. The person interviewing you will be very nice, add some humour make it more like a conversation than an tense interview. Good luck, any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Sorry, another question. How did you round the whole powerpoint off? Im struggling to finish it off strong, any tips? Thankyou so much!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending