The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by Jingers
JR Smith better not have been crying yesterday.

Overlooked/Underrated - Tony Parker, Jeremy Lin, Kemba, Calderon, Wesley Matthews, Ilyasova, Dejuan Blair off the top of my head.

Its hard with PG because its the deepest position by a mile, say Jeremy Lin is underrated but hes almost definitely not a top 20 PG. Is Mike Conley underrated because hes a very capable PG who never gets much hype but theres still a lot of PG better than him
Reply 1081
Original post by MK27
Jordan Hill = Best Centre in the league

Spoiler

About time he had a career game
anyone think spoelstra looks like ed miliband :lol:

Pop looks like a more human version of boris
Original post by S-man10
Pop looks like a more human version of boris

Really? With his wrinkles?
Knicks aren't getting Rondo.
Original post by alexsong
Its hard with PG because its the deepest position by a mile, say Jeremy Lin is underrated but hes almost definitely not a top 20 PG. Is Mike Conley underrated because hes a very capable PG who never gets much hype but theres still a lot of PG better than him

I'd say he is, plays great defence and is putting up numbers right now. 19.1 points, 5.7 assists so far.

This season (no order):

Points, Rebounds, Assists

Chris Paul: 19.6, 4.8, 12.8
Mike Conley: 19.1, 2.0, 5.7
Ty Lawson: 21.2, 4.4, 8.7
Kyrie Irving: 21.3, 4.07, 7.0
Jeff Teague: 19.4, 2.8, 9.0
Brandon Jennings: 18.3, 3.9, 7.3
Damian Lillard: 20.1, 4.8, 5.8
John Wall: 16.1, 4.4, 9.1
Jrue Holiday: 13.8, 3.4, 7.3
Steph Curry: 19.7, 3.4, 8.8
Russell Westbrook: 21.7, 4.3, 4.9
Tony Parker: 18.5, 2.5, 6.2
Ricky Rubio: 8.0, 4.8, 9.6
Eric Bledsoe: 20.4, 4.6, 6.8

Obviously it's only been about 10 games but from this list, CP3 is the best PG in the league by a large margin. Trailing him is Ty Lawson and then it gets murky with Curry, Irving, Teague and Bledsoe. John Wall might be thrown in that mix too.

Lawson, Bledsoe and Teague are having career seasons (Lawson always improves and Bledsoe was expected to beast - Teague is the surprise).

Will the list of usual suspects in the conversations for top 5 PGs be changing soon?

Once again, I know it's been about 10 games, but any thoughts on this list?
Original post by brighteyes1994

What about Rondo for Asik + others?
Reply 1088
Original post by Jingers
I'd say he is, plays great defence and is putting up numbers right now. 19.1 points, 5.7 assists so far.

This season (no order):

Points, Rebounds, Assists

Chris Paul: 19.6, 4.8, 12.8
Mike Conley: 19.1, 2.0, 5.7
Ty Lawson: 21.2, 4.4, 8.7
Kyrie Irving: 21.3, 4.07, 7.0
Jeff Teague: 19.4, 2.8, 9.0
Brandon Jennings: 18.3, 3.9, 7.3
Damian Lillard: 20.1, 4.8, 5.8
John Wall: 16.1, 4.4, 9.1
Jrue Holiday: 13.8, 3.4, 7.3
Steph Curry: 19.7, 3.4, 8.8
Russell Westbrook: 21.7, 4.3, 4.9
Tony Parker: 18.5, 2.5, 6.2
Ricky Rubio: 8.0, 4.8, 9.6
Eric Bledsoe: 20.4, 4.6, 6.8

Obviously it's only been about 10 games but from this list, CP3 is the best PG in the league by a large margin. Trailing him is Ty Lawson and then it gets murky with Curry, Irving, Teague and Bledsoe. John Wall might be thrown in that mix too.

Lawson, Bledsoe and Teague are having career seasons (Lawson always improves and Bledsoe was expected to beast - Teague is the surprise).

Will the list of usual suspects in the conversations for top 5 PGs be changing soon?

Once again, I know it's been about 10 games, but any thoughts on this list?

I think the top 5 PG gets a bit sketchy around number 5 because its such a deep position you can argue a few names. I go Paul, Parker, Rose, Westbrook as a top 4 but then who is 5 ? I would probably say Kyrie but you can make an argument for a few. I look more at body of work and ability than form to be honest and with Teague and those I wanna see it for longer and I wanna give them the eye test a bit too but they are definitely looking good and putting up nice numbers. Last season Jrue Holliday was borderline top 5 for me I felt like he could get to his spot every time and he was killing it I havent watched him yet this year on the Pelicans though

Original post by Jingers

Jeff Green for Asik would help both teams a lot if Houston use Green as a 4, Houston cant offer fair value for Rondo I dont think
Original post by Jingers

Yeah, again, too much of a loss if we aren't tanking! A deal around Bass for Asik would be good, and beneficial to Houston because he knows Dwight and they've played together but probably not enough in it for Hou.
Yeah, again, too much of a loss if we aren't tanking! A deal around Bass for Asik would be good, and beneficial to Houston because he knows Dwight and they've played together but probably not enough in it for Hou.

Just give up rondo, hes holding you back
Original post by S-man10
Just give up rondo, hes holding you back

How's that?
How's that?

He won't be as fit as before. Tank it, go to the lottery, get a better team. Ship out Rondo, hes a stat padder
Original post by alexsong
I think the top 5 PG gets a bit sketchy around number 5 because its such a deep position you can argue a few names. I go Paul, Parker, Rose, Westbrook as a top 4 but then who is 5 ? I would probably say Kyrie but you can make an argument for a few. I look more at body of work and ability than form to be honest and with Teague and those I wanna see it for longer and I wanna give them the eye test a bit too but they are definitely looking good and putting up nice numbers. Last season Jrue Holliday was borderline top 5 for me I felt like he could get to his spot every time and he was killing it I havent watched him yet this year on the Pelicans though

Jeff Green for Asik would help both teams a lot if Houston use Green as a 4, Houston cant offer fair value for Rondo I dont think

I agree with Teague, Lawson, Bledsoe etc needing more time to see if they can be in the talks for top 5 PGs because it has just been 3 weeks, but if they keep going like this then the usual candidates for a top 5 could drastically change.

Jrue Holiday's been a bit inconsistent this season.

Jeff Green to the Rockets wouldn't be that great a trade imo, unless he or Parsons gets put on the second unit. Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Green and Dwight would be too many scorers, and that's assuming Beverley keeps his starting job because Lin has been balling - it'd be better to keep Terrance Jones in the starting lineup to grab boards and score if needed. If either Parsons or Green came off the bench with Lin then that'd be a heavy scoring second team.
Reply 1094
Original post by S-man10
He won't be as fit as before. Tank it, go to the lottery, get a better team. Ship out Rondo, hes a stat padder

He'll be fine. He's gonna show Rose how a REAL man comes back from an ACL injury
By tearing it again, you set the jinx up yourself :ahee:

But seriously Portland 9-2? The hell?!?
Boston with a better record than Brooklyn......oh the irony
Reply 1097
Original post by Malevolent
By tearing it again, you set the jinx up yourself :ahee:

But seriously Portland 9-2? The hell?!?

I hope not... although it would cement our tanking efforts

I was just looking at that, their team is looking pretty solid with Lillard, Aldridge and Mo Williams
Original post by C-Dawg
I hope not... although it would cement our tanking efforts

I was just looking at that, their team is looking pretty solid with Lillard, Aldridge and Mo Williams

Yeah man would be a shame!

I know I'm shocked still though :redface:

hmm

Latest