The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hello I am a 13 yr old girl turning 14 in over a month but I was wondering if I am allowed to do work experience at a hospital or anything for medical experience and how do I search for it ? Can I just call them on phone and ask? A hospital .
Hiya, no, I don’t believe anywhere would allow clinical work experience for anyone under the age of 16.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello I am a 13 yr old girl turning 14 in over a month but I was wondering if I am allowed to do work experience at a hospital or anything for medical experience and how do I search for it ? Can I just call them on phone and ask? A hospital .

I would guess you'd have to be at least 18 to get any kind of work experience in a hospital. Even then, I've never heard of them offering work experience placements. That is usually only reserved for med students, and occasionally A level students studying biology hoping to become doctors/nurses.

I've moved your thread to the work experience area of the forums.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Some schools do work experience in Year 10, perhaps this could be an option?
Reply 4
Original post by CriticalMuppet
Hiya, no, I don’t believe anywhere would allow clinical work experience for anyone under the age of 16.

yes thats true. i had work experience earlier this year and if its medical you have to wait until your atleast 16 for some or 18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending