The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Manchester to Liverpool Trains

Hi,

I'm a prospective student and I've just been looking at train timetables from Manchester to Liverpool, and the journeys range between 1hour and 1hr20! Are these timetables accurate? That's a long commute and I'd still have to commute even more to get to the actual campus.

Do any past or current students commute from Manchester to Liverpool? Does it really take that long?
Reply 1
That is what I take in traveling to the centre in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cool_cookie
Hi,

I'm a prospective student and I've just been looking at train timetables from Manchester to Liverpool, and the journeys range between 1hour and 1hr20! Are these timetables accurate? That's a long commute and I'd still have to commute even more to get to the actual campus.

Do any past or current students commute from Manchester to Liverpool? Does it really take that long?

Don't do it, it's ridiculously expensive. I used to work near Manchester and I went there several times a week.

It takes about an hour, Northern Rail trains take longer because they stop everywhere.
I used to live in Manchester whilst studying at hope. It can be done.

A young persons railcard is highly recommended and it also depends on how full time your course actually is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending