The Student Room Group

Urgent gcse help needed

So, i got an a for my science one bloody mark off an a*. I feel like i should get my coursework checked... Do u think the teachers will chek it?
You'll want an external remark. I don't know if they do external coursework remarks, I'd ask your teachers, and if they do you can get one of those done. Or you could remark an exam instead. You're highly unlikely to go down a grade, but because it's science it's also fairly unlikely you'll go up, but for one mark it's probably worth it. If you stay the same, though, an A is still a really good grade :smile:
As the other OP said it is a good idea to ask for a remark (was it coursework or an exam? which Science?) because in that instance the work being disputed will normally be marked by the Chief Examiner. In most circumstances where it is one or two marks they normally just look for somewhere to budge it up (ie. find a question that could be marked a little kinder).

If it has been marked by your teacher it means that it still needs to be moderated by an examiner, in which case, they will decide if they have been marked fairly and then up or down the grades as appropriate. They do this by taking a cross section of your year groups work and judge everyone against that - if that make sense.

If you need anymore advice please feel free to DM me :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by justanothertechie
As the other OP said it is a good idea to ask for a remark (was it coursework or an exam? which Science?) because in that instance the work being disputed will normally be marked by the Chief Examiner. In most circumstances where it is one or two marks they normally just look for somewhere to budge it up (ie. find a question that could be marked a little kinder).

If it has been marked by your teacher it means that it still needs to be moderated by an examiner, in which case, they will decide if they have been marked fairly and then up or down the grades as appropriate. They do this by taking a cross section of your year groups work and judge everyone against that - if that make sense.

If you need anymore advice please feel free to DM me :smile:

Well .. beasically what happened now is that i asked my teacher to remark my coursework because i know that DEFINATELY if they remarked it i would have got an extra one or 2 marks as i believe i did really good. But the problem is i asked my teacher and she goes that i cant have a remark as they have snt the grade to the exam board :mad::mad::mad:
Reply 4
I'm in exactly the same position (core science) got all three exams remarked and I'm still one off an a*. Apparently you can't get CA's remarked, even though it's only marked by a teacher and not moderated. If anyone has any solution for us I'd be extremely grateful!
Reply 5
When we did the CA's my teacher also said she had to be very strict with the marking so if the examiners do a random check and we've been generously marked then they bring the whole class down a few marks, so perhaps there is room for me to go up?
Reply 6
What's the chance that my igcse edexcel physics paper will go up by 4 marks ?

Quick Reply

Latest