The Student Room Group

can you improve from your GCSE mocks

right now mocks havent gone well i am scared i will get these results in my gcse's does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Almost everyone I know did better than their mocks in their actual GCSE exams. Instead of worrying that you may do badly in your GCSEs, maybe try and take this as a wake-up call and maybe revise in a different way? I got all 8s and 9s in my GCSEs and my favourite things to use were practice papers and seneca learning (completely free).
Original post by Mkitchen_
right now mocks havent gone well i am scared i will get these results in my gcse's does anyone have any advice?
you can definitely improve!!!! as @lucymant already said, use this opportunity to figure out your urgent topics and test new revision methods!! also, use your teachers - for resources, for questions, ANYTHING - they are there to help you so use them!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by lucymant
Almost everyone I know did better than their mocks in their actual GCSE exams. Instead of worrying that you may do badly in your GCSEs, maybe try and take this as a wake-up call and maybe revise in a different way? I got all 8s and 9s in my GCSEs and my favourite things to use were practice papers and seneca learning (completely free).
thats great, thank you so much, I really appreciate it! And well done on your GCSE results
Reply 4
Original post by erin11
you can definitely improve!!!! as @lucymant already said, use this opportunity to figure out your urgent topics and test new revision methods!! also, use your teachers - for resources, for questions, ANYTHING - they are there to help you so use them!!!!
thank you so much, I have now decided to use my teachers more as i forgot how helpful they were although not my maths teacher he doesn’t know how to teach one time he got distracted and spent the whole lesson teaching us how to sharpen a pencil
Reply 5
Original post by Mkitchen_
also sometimes the school purposefully makes the grade boundaries higher to give you a better chance in the final exam. they usually say that for gcses, you get usually 1-2 grades higher in the real thing

Quick Reply

Latest