The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chemistry Interviews 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hahmed2080
My interview is on the 5th and I was just wondering, do the interviewers expect us to have learnt the whole of the A2 syllabus because the worst thing I can think of is them asking about something I've never even learnt and me like giving no answer like aaaaah :s-smilie:

No, they won't. They know people on different exam boards will teach different things at different times, so they won't expect you to know it.

They are more likely to ask you something based on a topic they know you won't have covered before.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
My interview is on the 5th and I was just wondering, do the interviewers expect us to have learnt the whole of the A2 syllabus because the worst thing I can think of is them asking about something I've never even learnt and me like giving no answer like aaaaah :s-smilie:

Nah not really. I just had mine so I will tell you about it.

First off, know your personal statement back to front.

It's really chill overall. I was really nervous, but after a few minutes I settled in. I did make a few stupid mistakes at the beginning, but I saw them and rectified them. My interviewers were really nice and were really friendly with me, and made the whole thing look like a conversation rather than a chemical interrogation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Thanks this has really helped a lot!
Reply 23
Another question, how much will they grill you on your personal statement?
Reply 24

I've got mine on the 5th too :P
I'm more worried about the things I should already know- i literally don't even remember what my class practicals were about and I think that's a common question :s-smilie:
Goodluck though!
Another question, how much will they grill you on your personal statement?

Not too much. However, if you have mentioned something related to chemistry (eg. work experience, book you have read, experiment you have done in class) they will expect you to talk about it and use it as a starting point for discussion, at least in my interview. If you have BS'd on your personal statement, be ready to continue to the BS. If I were an interviewer, there would be less you could do to dissapoint me than mention NMR in your PS and have no clue what it was.

Don't worry about it. It will be fine. I was much more comfortable during the interview than I was before the interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fango_Jett
Not too much. However, if you have mentioned something related to chemistry (eg. work experience, book you have read, experiment you have done in class) they will expect you to talk about it and use it as a starting point for discussion, at least in my interview. If you have BS'd on your personal statement, be ready to continue to the BS. If I were an interviewer, there would be less you could do to dissapoint me than mention NMR in your PS and have no clue what it was.

Don't worry about it. It will be fine. I was much more comfortable during the interview than I was before the interview.

Hav u got an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coral Reafs
Hav u got an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Have not heard anything from them at all.... :/

Almost two weeks now...
Nope. Have not heard anything from them at all.... :/

Almost two weeks now...

U heard anythin today? Soz bout pesterimg u pike this jus its heen ages so tryng to keep up wiv evry1 who was there. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
U heard anythin today? Soz bout pesterimg u pike this jus its heen ages so tryng to keep up wiv evry1 who was there. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. I was about to ask you the same thing soon in fact.

Sorry, nope :frown: still have not heard anything back either.

I think I am going to email the admissions department on Saturday if I don't get a response by then...
Haha. I was about to ask you the same thing soon in fact.

Sorry, nope :frown: still have not heard anything back either.

I think I am going to email the admissions department on Saturday if I don't get a response by then...

Anything?

Wat did admission teacher say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything?

Wat did admission teacher say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still nothing from imperial :frown:. Have not mailed them yet. Think I'm going to do it on Monday instead. Weekend and whatnot.

You heard anything?
Still nothing from imperial :frown:. Have not mailed them yet. Think I'm going to do it on Monday instead. Weekend and whatnot.

You heard anything?

U get round 2 emailing them? I got nuthin

Posted from TSR Mobile
U get round 2 emailing them? I got nuthin

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll do it tomorrow. Three weeks should be more than enough for a response imho. Dunno why it is taking this long...

Is it normal for them to take this long?
I'll do it tomorrow. Three weeks should be more than enough for a response imho. Dunno why it is taking this long...

Is it normal for them to take this long?

Juat checked track, they gave me unconditional!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juat checked track, they gave me unconditional!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATS!!! Hopefully I will be joining you on the offer holder list soon!
CONGRATS!!! Hopefully I will be joining you on the offer holder list soon!

i haven't heard anything from imperial either and i had my interview on 29th january.
Original post by nicoledelooze
i haven't heard anything from imperial either and i had my interview on 29th january.

So did me and fango jett. I foubd out this morning. I alredy have my a levels if that helps?

Was ur intrview good?

Bcos in mine they said i was very impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile
So did me and fango jett. I foubd out this morning. I alredy have my a levels if that helps?

Was ur intrview good?

Bcos in mine they said i was very impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got a letter from Imperial saying that I got an offer!!!
I just got a letter from Imperial saying that I got an offer!!!

L0l u said mail takes ages to get to brazil? :d

Looks like we boty made the offer holder list

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending