The Student Room Group

Post interview advice??

Hey,
Just had an interview, I think it went good but I'm not sure as there were some parts I look back on and think what an idiot I should have said X Y and Z. I have to wait until March until I find out a response.
I was wondering if anyone was in a similar position to me last year and if they have any advice on this topic.

Many thanks
Mo :wink:
Reply 1
Original post by Mo_maths
Hey,
Just had an interview, I think it went good but I'm not sure as there were some parts I look back on and think what an idiot I should have said X Y and Z. I have to wait until March until I find out a response.
I was wondering if anyone was in a similar position to me last year and if they have any advice on this topic.

Many thanks
Mo :wink:

Yeah of course, it's the most natural thing in the world to come out of an interview or an exam and immediately think about what you could have done better or differently. It's good to reflect on what you could improve on for next time, but don't get let your thoughts run away with you.

Try not to let it distract you too much (much easier said than done, I know) - ultimately you need to still be focusing on your studies and preparing for future interviews, so don't let yourself get bogged down in the past.

You've almost certainly done better than you think however, don't pay too much attention to the little voice in your head!
It is in the past, try not to dwell on it too much.
Think about the areas that you feel you did not excel at, and take the opportunity to improve upon those for next time.

I am sure you did much better than you thought. I hope it's good news for you in March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hindsight is always 20/20 my good mo
Reply 4
as long as you weren't a total autist in the interview you'll be fine. it's in the past now, don't dwell on it too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending