The Student Room Group

Do landlords allow pets?

Do landlords have any restrictions on keeping pet cats? I have a moggy in mind.
Reply 1
Every landlord has different rule, you will have to ask the landlord.
When the landlord visits, shove a lampshade on the cat's head and pass it off as a novelty light.
Reply 3
Ask your Landlord.
Original post by DiddyDec
Every landlord has different rule, you will have to ask the landlord.

I agree.
They have different rules so ask the landlord to see what they say.
ask, some will say yes, others no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You know, depends on a landlord. Some don’t allow pets live with you in the rental property, others are pet lovers and understand you desire to bring your pet with you. Pets cause damage, disturb the neighbors etc. Pets can leave smell in the carpets, furs, damages in doors and so on. Having a pet is a major responsibility. That is why you need to convince your landlord that you are a good and responsible pet owner. Be prepared to show your cat's o dog’s veterinary records. This should show that your cat's medical records are up-to-date, that your cat has regular check-ups and appropriate vaccinations, and that there are no noted problems. There are rentals out there that allow pets, but it takes patience, and searching, to find them - hang in there, but my advice to you would be to look through Localmartuk.com where I found my rental apartment and live with a cat. Take care of your pet and be responsible for the damages. You can also pay your landlord pet deposit.

Quick Reply

Latest