The Student Room Group

Taking my cat to uni

I’m 24 and starting uni late because life got in the way - I’m going in September 2024, and I currently live alone with my cat. I’m moving to uni from the Channel Islands and understand I can’t live in halls with her. She’s family so I’m not rehoming her - I’ve had her for 6 years. What are my options?
Original post by bellisperenis
I’m 24 and starting uni late because life got in the way - I’m going in September 2024, and I currently live alone with my cat. I’m moving to uni from the Channel Islands and understand I can’t live in halls with her. She’s family so I’m not rehoming her - I’ve had her for 6 years. What are my options?

Good luck finding a student rental property (or any rental property for that matter) that will allow pets they do exist but are very rare. Do younhaveca friend or relative who would take on your cat while you are away. My cat moved in with my Mum when I went to uni and its really the only way.
Is she an outdoor or indoor cat?
Original post by bellisperenis

Hiya!

Unfortunately almost all student hall accommodations will have a strict rule where no pets are allowed :frown:

You might be able to try your luck with private landlords and perhaps on certain circumstances they would allow it - it is always worth enquiring and being honest about the situation. Here is a helpful link https://www.student-it.com/2020/04/29/student-housing-with-pets/ with some further information!

I hope you can sort something out!

-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University
Reply 4
What are you going to be studying - that can affect the opportunities for something with the cat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending