The Student Room Group

which is better? Dogs or cats

I like both of them but I don't know whether to get dogs or cats. I'm planning to get pet soon. Probs during summer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Defo cats, you dont have to pick their poo up and if you dont feel like going out everyday you dont have to walk them
Reply 2
true but they arent really playful.

Original post by Sophski101
Defo cats, you dont have to pick their poo up and if you dont feel like going out everyday you dont have to walk them
Reply 3
Cat. They are playful and cuddly.
Reply 4
Original post by Kathy89
Cat. They are playful and cuddly.

True i have two cats from my mum. I love them so much. I might get cat.
Reply 5
Dogs rule (and drool). :cool:
Reply 6
Original post by jporter896
true but they arent really playful.

some breeds are more playful than others, like bengal cats!
dogs
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
Dogs rule (and drool). :cool:

Im with you. I love dogs. Not a cat fan. I had a cat pet before and died and it broke my heart.
Original post by jporter896
I like both of them but I don't know whether to get dogs or cats. I'm planning to get pet soon. Probs during summer.

Cats.
@Amb/conf your opinion please
Reply 12
Cats are generally known to be easier, dogs are a very big responsibility. Cats are usually a lot more independent, once toilet trained they don't need cleaned up after and they roam free so don't need walked. They are usually cleaner, don't droll or leave odour. They can can cause a lot more damage in your home than cats, cats scratch sofa's but dogs shred things. I'd say cats are easier and better, they are very playful, they like playing catch with anything. Only thing about both is be prepared to pay expensive vet bills, but I believe dogs are more expensive. I've had my cat for 10 years and and found him easier than the rabbit I had.
dogs, I find cats laziness really annoying lol
Dogs
thread moved
Reply 16
Original post by le-cygne
some breeds are more playful than others, like bengal cats!

true dats
Reply 17
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
thread moved

WYM
I personally like both. But it's up to you depending on how much time you can devote to either a dogs need for walks or a cats constant bringing in of dead ,or live, mice and birds that they can get fleas from. It also depends on where you live such as a flat or house.
Reply 19
Original post by Guitar_Nerd
I personally like both. But it's up to you depending on how much time you can devote to either a dogs need for walks or a cats constant bringing in of dead ,or live, mice and birds that they can get fleas from. It also depends on where you live such as a flat or house.

oh yea i forgot abt that. Cats does bring in dead or live bird and rats.

Quick Reply

Latest