The Student Room Group

Woman who cried rape to cover up affair given suspended jail sentence

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by captain.sensible
you're right, the article said that she claimed to have been raped by a stranger, presumably the "stranger" was this other man, whom happened to live down the same street as the "rape" which I assume simply was the woman and the other man kissing or something and she was found and then said it was the man raping her etc. the husband hasn't been accused, it was this other man whom she claimed was a rapist but was simply co-operating with the woman to participate in this affair. so really we should say that she lied about a man raping her to potentially jail him, when really, he never did, and she is crying wolf, like so many other women in our society. whether or not it would have been for the good of their marriage, it was her fault for having an affair and sentencing the man to a rape sentence is unspeakably appalling when she was involved in the affair herself

You have quite a vivid imagination. I don't think just about anyone else would imagine that was what was going on. Seriously. I think you have a problem if this is what you're reading into it.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
This woman was given only 16 months after 11 false rape accusations;

Justice in the UK I guess

Justice to you would have her stoned to death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove
You have quite a vivid imagination. I don't think just about anyone else would imagine that was what was going on. Seriously. I think you have a problem if this is what you're reading into it.

what are you talking about? my induction was that she couldn't have had a reason to claim rape against some random man in the streets if they weren't engaging sexually, e.g. kissing (because of the fact that they were IN AN AFFAIR might I remind you) and if the husband found both of them there, the woman obviously could cry rape in order to get off the hook. and this sounds like what the article was stating. what have I said that was unreasonable here?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

Issue with stoning is witnesses and the difficulty in applying it, can't really do that for someone who lies (that could potentially ruin people's lives forever). Would have to find an alternative, but it has to be something that would ensure that others alike wouldn't commit the same crime.

So although it's a trickey one, I can still conclude that 16 months is a joke.
Reply 24
Original post by captain.sensible
what are you talking about? my induction was that she couldn't have had a reason to claim rape against some random man in the streets if they weren't engaging sexually, e.g. kissing (because of the fact that they were IN AN AFFAIR might I remind you) and if the husband found both of them there, the woman obviously could cry rape in order to get off the hook. and this sounds like what the article was stating. what have I said that was unreasonable here?

I think you should try reading the article. If you've already read it then I suggest you get someone to help you read it again.

The article I read (that linked in the OP) suggested that she came home late and, when questioned, blurted out something about being raped by a stranger on the way home, God knows why, and then to be even more stupid, kept up this charade when her husband pushed her to report it.

The person she happened to be having extramarital relations with may as well not even be in the picture; he had nothing to do with her story. The story covered for her being late coming home, having gone to see him. She was not in any way trying to suggest he raped her.
Reply 25

I've known women like this and I will never understand them. So messed up.
Reply 26
Female supremacy at work.

If women take rape so seriously why do they do this?

If women take rape so seriously why do they accuse men they had consensual sex with (while drunk) of rape?

False rape culture makes me sick. How these women get off with it I will never know.
Original post by Redpiller
Female supremacy at work.

If women take rape so seriously why do they do this?

If women take rape so seriously why do they accuse men they had consensual sex with (while drunk) of rape?

False rape culture makes me sick. How these women get off with it I will never know.

If men take rape so seriously why do they rape?

It goes both ways buddy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's disappointing that she avoided jail. False rape accusers should be shown it's not acceptable.

I suppose you'd want her stoned to death.
Reply 29
Original post by joey11223
Guys it's clearly not her fault at all, if you read the article she was worried her lover would tell her husband about the affair, so SHE HAD NO CHOICE! I mean it's not like she was an equal partner in an affair lasting SIX YEARS right? She was just a poor innocent sensitive woman taken advantage of by the bad bad man.

I mean if her new husband had been a more considerate lover I bet she wouldn't need to get it elsewhere right? So it's partly his fault too!

Also she's had bad experienced with men growing up so she can't help her behavior (much understanding, most sympathies).

So in conclusion, not her fault in any way, it is the fault of the men.

Sums up feminists pretty nicely
Reply 30
Original post by Exon
Sums up feminists pretty nicely

Not all feminists are like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Women sorely underestimate the impact that rape accusations have upon men, especially when they're false.
Original post by uktotalgamer
Women sorely underestimate the impact that rape accusations have upon men, especially when they're false.

So she deserves death?

Do rapists deserve death too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So she deserves death?

Do rapists deserve death too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She doesn't deserve death but she deserves a much harsher punishment than 16 months.
Original post by franvb
Not all feminists are like this.

Not all, but a frightening number are.
Original post by uktotalgamer
She doesn't deserve death but she deserves a much harsher punishment than 16 months.

Well at least there's something we agree on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well at least there's something we agree on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that we agree on anything is a breath of fresh air.
Original post by ktwoodwards
Let's talk about how 97 out of every 100 rapists don't go to jail instead.

What's wrong with talking about both?
She should serve her sentence in men's prison.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending