The Student Room Group

Urgent help suspended studies and underpaid 60 days extra funding

Hi,

Can someone please outline how the 60 days of extra funding is calculated for suspending studies due to a health reason? Because I believe I have been significantly underpaid and not a single advisor can provide me an answer or explanation on the issue.

I ask because I suspended from my studies on the 10/7/23 and was awarded a maintenance loan extension of 60 days taking me up to the 8/9/23.

After suspending my studies I was told that I had an overpayment of £3866 due to leaving my course early.

Breaking down my amount owed, £3059.66 of the overpayment accounts for my third maintenance loan that arrived on the 4/9/23 upon the final term starting. This would mean that the remaining £806.34 of my overpayment is from the 10/7/23 to the 4/9/23. This means I received a total overpayment of £806.34 for a total of 56 days.

I have since received my extra 60 days of extended maintenance loan funding that I was told should cover from the 10/7/23 to the 8/9/23, but I have only received £446 in additional funding?

I am confused as to how this amount of funding is correct for the following reasons:

If I have been charged £806.34 as an overpayment for 56 days of maintenance loan from the 10/7/23 - 4/9/23, then why have I only been given £446 to cover a maintenance extension of 60 days from the 10/7/23-8/9/23? This would be a £360.34 equivalent underpayment not including the additional 4 days from the 4/9/23 - 8/9/23.

I cannot understand how upon review this is still being marked as the correct funding amount? As this extra funding is not covering the 60 days as it is meant to?

Can someone here just please tell me if based on the provided information it is likely an underpayment
Original post by KcW1111
Hi,

Can someone please outline how the 60 days of extra funding is calculated for suspending studies due to a health reason? Because I believe I have been significantly underpaid and not a single advisor can provide me an answer or explanation on the issue.

I ask because I suspended from my studies on the 10/7/23 and was awarded a maintenance loan extension of 60 days taking me up to the 8/9/23.

After suspending my studies I was told that I had an overpayment of £3866 due to leaving my course early.

Breaking down my amount owed, £3059.66 of the overpayment accounts for my third maintenance loan that arrived on the 4/9/23 upon the final term starting. This would mean that the remaining £806.34 of my overpayment is from the 10/7/23 to the 4/9/23. This means I received a total overpayment of £806.34 for a total of 56 days.

I have since received my extra 60 days of extended maintenance loan funding that I was told should cover from the 10/7/23 to the 8/9/23, but I have only received £446 in additional funding?

I am confused as to how this amount of funding is correct for the following reasons:

If I have been charged £806.34 as an overpayment for 56 days of maintenance loan from the 10/7/23 - 4/9/23, then why have I only been given £446 to cover a maintenance extension of 60 days from the 10/7/23-8/9/23? This would be a £360.34 equivalent underpayment not including the additional 4 days from the 4/9/23 - 8/9/23.

I cannot understand how upon review this is still being marked as the correct funding amount? As this extra funding is not covering the 60 days as it is meant to?

Can someone here just please tell me if based on the provided information it is likely an underpayment

Hi there,

Just to say, we can't access your account via this platform, but this does sound correct, yes.

In most cases, the 60 extra days of funding is used to reduced any overpayment that occurs, but it's sometimes the case that you'll be awarded an additional payment too.

The 60 days are applied automatically by our system so it's unlikely that this is wrong, unfortunately.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending