The Student Room Group

Does anyone know where I can buy a monoski? (snow skiing)

Basically i would like to purchase a standup monoski for snow skiing which were popular in the 80s but cant find anywhere.
Original post by matthew371
Basically i would like to purchase a standup monoski for snow skiing which were popular in the 80s but cant find anywhere.

Why on earth do you want to buy a monoski?
Reply 2
Because they are amazing and i would like to give it a go.
I was in Austria last year and saw a couple of guys with monoskis so they're definitely still around but I wouldn't know where to get them from? Had a proper scour of the internet yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by matthew371

Just had a quick look on the web - I suspect your problem is that "monoski" can refer to the snowboard-sized thing you're talking about, or to the "wheelchair-type" equipment used by disabled skiers, making it difficult to search.

I've got no idea whether you can find a second hand one on eBay, but it looks like they're still being manufactured - here (French site).
If you want the freedom of being able to use a snowboard as well maybe look into a split board. This is a snowboard that separates into skis so you can use skins to get to backcountry powder. I'm guessing you could keep the bindings in place like skis and ride facing forwards like a monoski if you wanted. it would be very pricey though.

please, please just snowboard though, so much better, cooler etc. etc.
Reply 6
I have a Head Monoski which I was thinking of selling. It is an original in good condition are you still interested in buying one?
Yeh im really interested in buying @DaveKnox. Hit me up on twitter @mmundell4959 if you want to discuss price ect :-)
Original post by DaveKnox
I have a Head Monoski which I was thinking of selling. It is an original in good condition are you still interested in buying one?

If you are seeling give me a shout :-) @mmundell4959 on twitter
Reply 9
You can find them on Germany's Craig's list for 20/40 bucks but ull be paying in shipping. I want one too

Quick Reply

Latest