The Student Room Group

Where's your favourite place to go skiing?

Have you got a ski trip planned this winter? :snow:

If yes, where are you going to and why?

Do you #SkiSafe?
Never been skiing before. But if I am pleased to do it one day, I will go somewhere to Austria in the alpines.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Never been skiing before. But if I am pleased to do it one day, I will go somewhere to Austria in the alpines.

Sounds like a nice place to pick when you do take your first ski trip
Original post by Travel Aware
Sounds like a nice place to pick when you do take your first ski trip

After what a friend told me, it must be true. He is ever two years in the alpines with his girlfriend for skiing.
Reply 4
I’ve only been on a skiing holiday once - I went to Andorra and it was so lovely! I’m going to the French Alps soon so hopefully it will be just as good.

If anyone has any recommendations of where I could go in the future I’d love to hear them!
I haven't been frequently enough lately to have a 'favourite place'. Val Thorens and Chamonix were pretty nice though. Endless slopes. I'm going to St. Anton in February, which looks good as well.
I've been skiing a few times on school related trips and as I would only be going for a week it often took me the whole time to build up my confidence on the slopes again! I think we went to Zell Am See and Hochfügen. On my gap year I was supposed to be visiting a friend in Les Gets as well and despite the COVID lockdowns interrupting those plans, my friend who was out there said it was amazing!

I'm thinking of taking some time after University to make up for some of the lost time travelling and doing a ski season myself! Any recommendations in locations would be greatly appreciated too - I've spent last year studying abroad in Heidelberg Germany so Austria would be preferable to keep up those language skills!

Abi :smile:
Travel Aware Student Brand Ambassador
@travelaware
Original post by KK_
I’ve only been on a skiing holiday once - I went to Andorra and it was so lovely! I’m going to the French Alps soon so hopefully it will be just as good.

If anyone has any recommendations of where I could go in the future I’d love to hear them!

The alpines in Austria are said by people to be magnificient who I asked for skiing. Try this destination.
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
The alpines in Austria are said by people to be magnificient who I asked for skiing. Try this destination.

Great! I’ll add it to my list.

Thank you so much 😊
I haven't tried skiing before, but if I get the chance, Niseko United in Japan would be my top choice.
My favourite countries for skiing are Scotland and Switzerland.
Aviemore, Glenshee, Klosters, Verbier and Villars.

Quick Reply

Latest