The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth illustration 2014

Hi, has anyone had/ is having interviews at Falmouth for illustration and wants to discuss?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I had an interview on the 19th of February and got an offer (: have you had yours?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by heatherc27
Hi, I had an interview on the 19th of February and got an offer (: have you had yours?

Hi, Yes I had mine today! Well done on getting an offer :smile: i'm so nervous, I really want to find out soon whether I get an offer or not but it was so hard from the interview to know what they thought!

How long after your interview did you hear?
Reply 3
Original post by popcycle
Hi, Yes I had mine today! Well done on getting an offer :smile: i'm so nervous, I really want to find out soon whether I get an offer or not but it was so hard from the interview to know what they thought!

I know! It is so difficult to tell! I thought that I had really messed up my interview, there were some questions that I wasn't sure about at all.

Waiting is so horrible! I had the interview on the Wednesday and I heard back on the Monday. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by popcycle

I had my interview for Illustration on the 19th like Heather, and I didn't get a reply with an offer for over a week so don't be worried :smile: Also I was really unsure whether I did well or not as I found it a very challenging interview
Reply 5
Thanks you guys, you're making me feel a little better xD I found the interview quite challenging too but there were some parts that seemed really positive, and then others where i was kicking myself for giving stupid answers. Just have to keep waiting I guess...
Reply 6
I had an interview on Monday! I'm not sure how it went.. Falmouth's my first choice and it was absolutely lovely there, I just want to hear back.. I'm worried as I haven't done foundation too
Reply 7
I hadn't done a foundation either I think if your portfolio was strong it is not as important. Falmouth is my firm choice it is such a nice university :smile: and the offer was only 240 Ucas points I was worried it was going to be a lot more
Reply 8
Thats a bit more reassuring! Fingers crossed haha, if I don't get it I'm considering doing foundation and applying again next year. After visiting the uni I'm pretty sure it's the only place I want to go
Reply 9
Original post by pokings
Thats a bit more reassuring! Fingers crossed haha, if I don't get it I'm considering doing foundation and applying again next year. After visiting the uni I'm pretty sure it's the only place I want to go

That was my plan too! Haha I had an offer from Bournemouth and I was thinking about going there instead but I am so happy I didn't have to. Falmouth is my favorite by far (:
Have you had other offers?
Reply 10
I've an offer from Plymouth, one from Bristol UWE (though not for the course I actually applied for haha!) and I had my interview for Ulster the other week and I'm still waiting for a reply. I thought I'd be happy with Plymouth as my second choice if I didn't get Falmouth, but after seeing Falmouth town and university I'm not so sure hahaha. I've heard Bournemouth have a good Illustration course aswell!
Reply 11
Ah Im so glad you made this thread!
I have an interview on Monday and I was already nervous, but after reading your replies I'm even MORE NERVOUS! You know that FAQ sheet they sent in the mail with questions they expect you to answer?
I can't really answer any of them! I'm so scared I'll mess up the interview big time. Of course I can't ask what questions they asked, but is it more 'Question and Answer' type session (rather rigid) or is it more of a conversation. I feel really intimidated by the whole thing, like i'll be ripped apart by their questioning! :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by pokings
I've an offer from Plymouth, one from Bristol UWE (though not for the course I actually applied for haha!) and I had my interview for Ulster the other week and I'm still waiting for a reply. I thought I'd be happy with Plymouth as my second choice if I didn't get Falmouth, but after seeing Falmouth town and university I'm not so sure hahaha. I've heard Bournemouth have a good Illustration course aswell!

I'm applying to UWE and Plymouth too. I have an interview with Plymouth tomorrow, and Bristol on Wednesday, with Falmouth this Monday. Ah!

How did your Plymouth / UWE interviews go? What were they like? If you don't want to discuss here you could message me :smile:
(Also, I'm curious to see your work as it seems there's a good chance we may be going to the same university!)
Reply 13
I found the Falmouth interview to be quite casual and more conversational that Q&A, there was nothing I really struggled to answer, despite also being worried about the questions on the sheet they gave!
Plymouth interview was the most laid back interview I've had, it was one on one and they were lovely there, just a conversation about me and my work really, and the guy interviewing me just gave me an offer right at the end of my interview, he was lovely. I might have been lucky with my interviewer though haha! I'm usually a quiet and easily intimidated person, but both Plymnouth and Falmouth staff put me at ease so don't worry!
I didn't interview for UWE, I just sent my portfolio and they gave me an offer, I'm not really sure why they didn't interview me :/

I'd be happy to pm you a link to my flickr for my sketchbook pages and stuff :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by gazebi
I have an interview on Monday and I was already nervous, but after reading your replies I'm even MORE NERVOUS! You know that FAQ sheet they sent in the mail with questions they expect you to answer?
I can't really answer any of them! I'm so scared I'll mess up the interview big time. Of course I can't ask what questions they asked, but is it more 'Question and Answer' type session (rather rigid) or is it more of a conversation. I feel really intimidated by the whole thing, like i'll be ripped apart by their questioning! :frown:

Hi there, same as what pokings said, don't be worried about falmouth, the tutors were very kind and will make you feel comfortable :smile: I don't think they actually asked me any of the questions on the list haha

also I would be really interested to see anyones work and swap flickr (etc.) links through a dm! It would be really interesting to see what kind of stuff you all do
Reply 15
My tutors back home told of this magical feeling you get when you find the university for you, I always thought this was all an exaggeration but I really fell in love with the place, its far more superior than any other places Iv applied. I kind of feel like I don't want to go anywhere else now, because now I know what i'd be missing out on.

However I'm a little worried about how my interview with falmouth went, I wasn't comfortable with the interviewing system. Overall I don't think the interview went as well as it could have, so I was feeling a bit distressed on the journey home. Falmouth is my first choice, it'd be terribly upsetting if I didn't get an offer after doing 800 mile round trip.

I wouldn't mind swapping flickrs,, I'v been itching to see others work!!
(edited 10 years ago)
I would like to share flickrs :smile: where can we DM? I don't mind posting on here though, it has no real private use anymore
Reply 17
I messaged all you guys linking to my flickr and I'd love to see your work too :smile: I'm starting to get really nervous.. I think tomorrow is the last interviewing day so should hear back this week..
Original post by gazebi

Same as everyone else said, the tutors are really friendly and try to make you feel comfortable. They keep saying that they don't want you to be too worried aha. They asked me a couple off the sheet but mostly it was more casual. The ones they asked off the sheet were the ones I didn't have good answers to though.

I would like to share flickrs too :smile: I only created it for the online portfolio though so it it not too exciting.
Reply 19
Hey guys I had my Falmouth interview today! Didn't go as badly as I expected but I still found it a little challenging and stumbled on some of their answers. I felt like I didn't get as much chance to talk about my work as I did with Plymouth. I'm hoping it went well enough for an offer though! :biggrin:
Good luck all! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest