The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Postgraduate Accommodation at Loughborough University

Hi, I am intending on studying a Masters in Sociology of Sport at Loughborough (2014/15).

Does anyone have any suggestions on postgraduate halls either on/ outside of campus?

I have just finished my Undergraduate degree at University of Bath and I am interested in living somewhere very social and lively!
There are two postgrad-only halls in Loughborough. On campus is John Phillips, which is in the student village and is all en-suite and self-catered (but very expensive). A 5-10 minute walk from campus is Forest Court, which has shared bathrooms and is a cheaper option.
Telford (on campus) and Harry French (across the road from campus) also have postgrad-only blocks. Telford has shared bathrooms and tends to be quite lively, but be warned that the freshers can be quite loud. Harry French has some one-bedroom and two-bedroom flats with rooms of varying sizes in some converted Victorian villas set away from most of the rest of the hall, but these are the most expensive option.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi,

I'm also starting a Masters at Loughborough (2014/15) in Exercise Physiology and looking for housemates/an idea of post graduate halls too. I'm just finishing an undergraduate degree at Bristol University, so if you're interested in potentially house-sharing let me know!

Charlotte
Reply 3
Hi Charlotte I will private message you about post grad accom :smile:
Annaleise
Reply 4
I'm starting next year and doing my Master's in Human Factors and Ergonomics. I've gone for Eggington and Forest Court. I was initially a little put off by the lack of wifi in Forest Court but it's not worth missing for that detail, plus wired is faster anyway. Anyway, might see you around. Trying to branch out before I go and have to start from fresh like a little first year.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm doing my masters in Manufacturing Engg and was thinking of getting into John Phillips hall. The only problem is dat my offer will be unconditional only next week and am worried if the place will get full.
What are the chances of getting in the hall ?
any idea ?
If anyone's interested in living off campus, I'm looking for someone to fill a spare room in a 6-bedroom house, close to the uni and the town centre. 5 girls set to move in, looking for a 6th person. Please message me if you're interested (I'm moving to a different uni and need someone to fill my space in the house).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending