The Student Room Group

Loughborough vs Uni of Sheffield for 2024 intake?

Hi there. I'm an international student, and I got offers for a Strategic Communication MA from Loughborough University (top 10 UK universities) and an Intercultural Communication MA from the University of Sheffield (Russell Group). I plan to work in the UK after I graduate. Which university will give me a better chance of getting a job in the UK after I graduate? P.S. Both don't provide work placement year for postgraduate courses.
Original post by Hyori O. B.
Hi there. I'm an international student, and I got offers for a Strategic Communication MA from Loughborough University (top 10 UK universities) and an Intercultural Communication MA from the University of Sheffield (Russell Group). I plan to work in the UK after I graduate. Which university will give me a better chance of getting a job in the UK after I graduate? P.S. Both don't provide work placement year for postgraduate courses.

Neither will give you a particularly strong chance of UK employment, largely because of the degree subject (they don't lead to 'in demand' career areas). Loughborough is nowhere near top 10 in the UK, except for sports subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Neither will give you a particularly strong chance of UK employment, largely because of the degree subject (they don't lead to 'in demand' career areas). Loughborough is nowhere near top 10 in the UK, except for sports subjects.

Thank you for your answer. I'm also applying for the Intercultural Communication and Marketing at the University of Surrey.
Thank you for your answer. I'm also applying for the Intercultural Communication and Marketing at the University of Surrey.

What job are you hoping to get in the UK afterwards, and what additional experience will you bring, other than the degree?

Hi @Hyori O. B.

Congratulations on your offers!

I am an Undergraduate Student at Loughborough so can't give you personal insight on Postgraduate studies but I can give some insight on Loughborough itself. I have really enjoyed my two years at Loughborough so far and I love the campus. The facilities are amazing and being on a campus and having everything you need in one place is something I particularly like. Loughborough offers great support in careers, I would recommend looking at this website here for further insight. My experience with careers so far is I gained a lot of support finding and securing my placement year which was really helpful.

If you have any questions about Loughborough please feel free to ask me 🙂

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending