The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3560
Mausam seems quite good, i like the songs from there! Oh and Shahid.. :love:
Reply 3561
i watched bodyguard..waste of money and time omg it was so ****!
only reason i went to see it was for the teri meri song and they dont even play the full song :frown:
i dont know why people were laughing so hard there was hardly any funny scenes and the whole story was soo messed up lmao except for the last 10 mins.
soo dissappppointed!!
cant wait to see Mere brother ki dulhan!!
Reply 3562
Original post by blush.ox
Pakistani films finally picking up :ahee:
Cant wait to see it xD

omg yesss Bol is AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! loved it!! watch it forsureeeee
Original post by 786girl
omg yesss Bol is AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! loved it!! watch it forsureeeee

I sure will :ahee:

Original post by 786girl
only reason i went to see it was for the teri meri song and they dont even play the full song :frown:
i dont know why people were laughing so hard there was hardly any funny scenes and the whole story was soo messed up lmao except for the last 10 mins.
soo dissappppointed!!

That happens with alot of films. The comedy is :facepalm2: sometimes, i really dont understand why......
Most salman khan films are like that, you shouldnt be surprised lol xD
Original post by The_Timepasser
Agree with Haleem, its one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I say this cuz it shows really well the restrictiveness desi women face...discouraged to study, work or play any sports even among the more affluent/educated families. Its got witty lines here n there, so its not too serious at any time

Defo looking forward to it.

You guys should check out 'Khuda ke Liye'
Great film that is :smile:
Reply 3565
Original post by 786girl
soo dissappppointed!!

Same, I am also disappointed after watching it today. People were laughing at so hard at nothing. There was just no exciting dialogue.

Yes the last 10 mins were a twist to what the rest of the movie was planning to show, but due to lack of interest of the audience at that point as soon as the boy with glasses and pale skin came into picture with Salman and no mother, the finish became just a formality.(We all knew what was going to come next)

Oh and the Teri Meri song is awesome!

With the actors on show, a good concept and a few good songs as well, and don't forget the loyal audience, the film could have been a super-hit. Wasted Potential I would say.

Don't get me wrong, it is not terrible, but it is one that I will be skipping on the TV showing.

On another note, so many good reviews for Bol, has anybody not liked it? I am yet to see it.
Reply 3566
Original post by MostCompetitive
Interesting review.

Yes I've seen Bol - almost perfect.

The record-breaking Bodyguard has been declared a blockbuster in it's first week and is heading for all-time blockbuster. 3 in a row for Salman?

As far as I'm aware it is classed as a blockbuster because of the money it makes, as people like me still went to watch it today expecting a great one due to Salman's previous movies.

Though overall ratings suggest a mediocre feel I think.
Reply 3567
my friends went to see bodyguard tday i warned them about how crap it was, guess what, they walked out at intermission lolol
Reply 3568
Pakistani films finally picking up :ahee:
Cant wait to see it xD

:hi:

Yeah, it was really good... although the last pakistani film I saw was khulay aasman ke neechay :facepalm2:

The song at the start of Bol made me laugh though :mmm:
Reply 3569
Original post by 786girl
my friends went to see bodyguard tday i warned them about how crap it was, guess what, they walked out at intermission lolol

Salman Khan/Akshay Kumar films are always overrated, although Salman Khan is jokes :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3570
matrimonial si aankhen :ahee:

:getmecoat:
Reply 3571
Original post by haleem
Salman Khan/Akshay Kumar films are always overrated, although Salman Khan is jokes :ahee:

nahh i loveee AK movies he is a proper joker lol esp in garam masala. I just dont find salman funny AT ALL. I guess everyone has a diff sense of humour
Reply 3572
Original post by haleem
matrimonial si aankhen :ahee:

:getmecoat:

sabko ab take jhake :P
Original post by haleem

Soo true.

I sure will, having seen this one. Hope to see Humaima Malik in Bollywood movies :sexface:
Reply 3575
Original post by 786girl
nahh i loveee AK movies he is a proper joker lol esp in garam masala. I just dont find salman funny AT ALL. I guess everyone has a diff sense of humour

I've only liked Salman since Dabaang :colone:
Reply 3576
Isq Risk :love:
Reply 3577
oh my the cast of mere brother ki dulhan is at FELTHAM CINEWORLD tdayy i wanna goooo :frown:
Original post by The_Timepasser
I sure will, having seen this one. Hope to see Humaima Malik in Bollywood movies :sexface:

Yes KKL is by the same director (Shoaib Mansoor).

For those of you who loved BOL (all of us so far) I strongly recommend the following movies (best not look into them even a little beforehand - spoilers everwhere).

A WEDNESDAY (2008) (written and directed by newcomer Neeraj Pandey and starring Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher, Jimmy Shergil)
KHUDA KAY LIYE: IN THE NAME OF GOD (2007) (written and directed by Shoaib Mansoor, and starring Shaan, Imran Ali, Fawad Afzal Khan, Naseeruddin Shah)

PINJAR (2003) (directed by debutant director Dr Chandraprakash Dwived and starring Urmila Matondkar and Manoj Bajpayee )

You might also like

THAT GIRL IN YELLOW BOOTS (2011) ( written and directed by Anurag Kashyap)

Going to see Bodyguard for a second time tonight with 2 people who have been dying to see the film. Controversial... lol
(edited 12 years ago)

I second that.

I would also like to recommend 'My Name Is Khan' (2010) for those who haven't seen it, and the critically acclaimed Kurbaan (2009).

Saw the 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani' (2009) yesterday. Recommended.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest