The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Wouldn't be surprised to see bae Amy Jackson getting a role in one of Salman Bhai's upcoming blockbusters after working with his brothers in this. :smile:

[video="youtube;sT6ywcPNTWk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6ywcPNTWk[/video]
Ganpati Baba - Maurya! :biggrin:

[video="youtube;29m2livchlI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29m2livchlI[/video]
Films I watched recently and the shortest review:

Baaghi 5/10

Personally hate predictable films.

Ki and Ka 6/10

Very slow film, nothing that keeps your hooked. Though the meaning behind it is good.

Sultan 7/10

Again hate predictable ****. The few twists and turns give it +1.

Dishoom 6.5/10

Funny, did laugh quite a bit. Cool story. LOL at how they renamed Virat Kohli to Viraj in the film. I might be a bit biased cos John Abraham and Varun Dhawan. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by undercxver
Films I watched recently and the shortest review:

Baaghi 5/10

Personally hate predictable films.

Ki and Ka 6/10

Very slow film, nothing that keeps your hooked. Though the meaning behind it is good.

Sultan 7/10

Again hate predictable ****. The few twists and turns give it +1.

Dishoom 6.5/10

Funny, did laugh quite a bit. Cool story. LOL at how they renamed Virat Kohli to Viraj in the film. I might be a bit biased cos John Abraham and Varun Dhawan. :colondollar:

Thanks for sharing your opinions. :smile: I've also seen all of those except for Dishoom. Maybe it's just down to personal preference as I'm a big fan of action films, but I loved Baaghi and Sultan immensely and I think they both deserve more than 7/10 lol. Even if you do find the stories predictable, that shouldn't spoil the experience for you when there's great performances, comedy, stunts and song/dance to enjoy in every film. I thought Ki & Ka was decent and tried to send a message but didn't quite get there. I don't think Arjun Kapoor is a great actor anyway :s-smilie:
Big B on top form yet again! :smile:

[video="youtube;AL2TShb6fFs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL2TShb6fFs[/video]
What gives? All these stars are going on a huge tour across America where there are barely any Asian communities interested in Bollywood, but they won't perform in the UK where their films earn more money than any other country outside Asia? The only member of this Dream Team who has performed on stage in the UK is Badshah, who was phenomenal. My advice to the Dream Team is that doing stage shows in the USA will not improve their chances of getting roles in Hollywood films (if that's what they're hoping for), lol. Especially not Katrina Kaif -_-

Seeing as Bolly Flex have now stopped doing their annual Bollywood Showstoppers performance, there are no avenues for Bollywood actors and dancers to perform at arenas in the UK for the foreseeable future. The best I've seen so far this year is The Merchants Of Bollywood which had amazing dance sequences but no famous stars with visibility like Sid, Parineeti, Varun and Alia (not to mention the show ended its run in June, lol). I think this is a job for Farhath Hussain who has organised concerts in the UK for Hindi playback singers in the past - naturally the next step up is the actors! I'm sure if we lobbied hard enough, one day we could see Bollywood actors performing regularly on stage in this country just like the singers. :biggrin:

(edited 7 years ago)
Cricketer biopic #2 this year! :smile:

[video="youtube;6L6XqWoS8tw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L6XqWoS8tw[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Happy Independence Days to y'all Indians and Pakistanis. :smile: Whichever side of the border you're from, there are plenty of things we share and bond over now and will do for many years to come. Bollywood being one example. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Salman Bhai's Independence Day gift to us is a first look at his character in "Tubelight". Absolutely cannot wait to see the finished product! :biggrin:

Big news from Dharma! :smile:

Don't do drugs kids, just watch Crack. Lol :tongue:

Could things be changing for the horror genre in Bollywood or should they just stop making them? :tongue:

[video="youtube;V496LGfxr38"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V496LGfxr38[/video]
If rumours are to be believed, King Salman isn't in the running to play the antagonist in Dhoom 4 any more - now it's SRK! I was hesitant about this given SRK's recent failures, but considering that he's played the villain/anti-hero so effortlessly already, maybe this could work out well! Ranveer Singh has apparently replaced Abhishek Bachchan in the role of Jai Dixit - so it would be quite exciting to see the two golden boys of Yash Raj face off against each other. :smile:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/dhoom-4-shah-rukh-khan-accepts-role-action-thriller-that-salman-khan-rejected-ranveer-singh-690358#Fw6ox85k0ycMRSg3.97

http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/not-salman-now-shah-rukh-khan-to-be-part-of-dhoom-4/
No abhisekh in Dhoom?! :eek:
I have nothing against Hrithik Roshan - I love his films and at one point in time he was my favourite Bollywood actor, haha. But it doesn't surprise me to read about why he's backed out of Thug with Yash Raj - because it's the same reason he backed out of Paani and a film with Kabir Khan. Asking for 50-60 crore up front for one project every 2 years is ridiculous, and clearly paints him as unprofessional. Whatever the truth is behind this story, it doesn't disguise the fact that he signs multiple projects but then backs out of half of them, only to gamble everything on one film with sometimes underwhelming results. Considering that Mohenjo Daro has been declared a flop, maybe it's time HR realises he isn't quite in the same league as Aamir or Salman. :frown:

On the plus side, Thug is now being made with Aamir and Big B, which is really exciting. :biggrin:

http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/why-hrithik-backed-out-from-thug-know-the-reason-here/
(edited 7 years ago)

"13/20Well done!You got 65% correct."

Original post by undercxver
13/20 :colondollar:

It was harder than I thought it would be.

Same., though I wouldn't say it was overly difficult.

Original post by nucdev
:five:
Got the same

woo

Original post by asif007
I got 18! :tongue:

You were bound to score the highest. :biggrin:

Original post by asif007
I have nothing against Hrithik Roshan - I love his films and at one point in time he was my favourite Bollywood actor, haha. But it doesn't surprise me to read about why he's backed out of Thug with Yash Raj - because it's the same reason he backed out of Paani and a film with Kabir Khan. Asking for 50-60 crore up front for one project every 2 years is ridiculous, and clearly paints him as unprofessional. Whatever the truth is behind this story, it doesn't disguise the fact that he signs multiple projects but then backs out of half of them, only to gamble everything on one film with sometimes underwhelming results. Considering that Mohenjo Daro has been declared a flop, maybe it's time HR realises he isn't quite in the same league as Aamir or Salman. :frown:

On the plus side, Thug is now being made with Aamir and Big B, which is really exciting. :biggrin:

http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/why-hrithik-backed-out-from-thug-know-the-reason-here/

You kidding, OMG! I didn't realise the two are doing a film together. Hrithik would have been great, but I cannot deny that the pairing of Aamir and Big B is the most fail-safe combination for a successful movie that I'm going to get in my lifetime given that these two are the only actors in the world who haven't ever let the audience down. However, it's best to not get too excited (not that I can help it), as over-hyping often leads to underwhelming.

Original post by asif007
What gives? All these stars are going on a huge tour across America where there are barely any Asian communities interested in Bollywood, but they won't perform in the UK where their films earn more money than any other country outside Asia? The only member of this Dream Team who has performed on stage in the UK is Badshah, who was phenomenal. My advice to the Dream Team is that doing stage shows in the USA will not improve their chances of getting roles in Hollywood films (if that's what they're hoping for), lol. Especially not Katrina Kaif -_-

Seeing as Bolly Flex have now stopped doing their annual Bollywood Showstoppers performance, there are no avenues for Bollywood actors and dancers to perform at arenas in the UK for the foreseeable future. The best I've seen so far this year is The Merchants Of Bollywood which had amazing dance sequences but no famous stars with visibility like Sid, Parineeti, Varun and Alia (not to mention the show ended its run in June, lol). ...

I haven't been on here since about April, so I went back to read the few pages since, hence my quoting of old posts. Since then, I've seen the following:

Azhar - 4/10 - not going to waste more time on this one.

Sarbjit - 8/10 - lucky enough to go see this with my main group of friends simply because I had already seen Azhar that week. They really set a scene which made it an epic film to enjoy in the cinema. I knew little of either Sarbjit or Azhar before seeing the films, but if I wanted to know more I could have gone on Wiki. Obviously the main point of watching the films is escapism/enjoyment which Sarbjit accomplished unlike the Azhar. It was definitely perfect for the cinema as the scenes were enhanced, and as it wasn't too heavy on dialogue or fast moving, it didn't matter if you got distracted by the latecomers, popcorn munchers, light in the corner of your eyes texters and thinking out louders (A bit like Life of Pi, which I know is a bit of a weird comparison).

I got to see The Merchants of Bollywood, which impressed me because it was a last minute plan by my family and I had no idea what to expect. :dancing2:

Sultan - 6/10 - As decent as the acting was, the fight scenes were predictable so felt a drag at the end. For a lengthy movie, it was missing something that would make it great, and unfortunately if a film of that length doesn't hit the heights it leaves you unsatisfied coming out of the cinema.

Did anyone here watch Mohenjo Daro? I was always more interested to watch that rather than Rustom (don't know why because I love thrillers and normally don't fancy period dramas), but clearly most people seem to have gone for Rustom.
Original post by RVNmax

You kidding, OMG! I didn't realise the two are doing a film together. Hrithik would have been great, but I cannot deny that the pairing of Aamir and Big B is the most fail-safe combination for a successful movie that I'm going to get in my lifetime given that these two are the only actors in the world who haven't ever let the audience down. However, it's best to not get too excited (not that I can help it), as over-hyping often leads to underwhelming.

I haven't been on here since about April, so I went back to read the few pages since, hence my quoting of old posts. Since then, I've seen the following:

Azhar - 4/10 - not going to waste more time on this one.

Sarbjit - 8/10 - lucky enough to go see this with my main group of friends simply because I had already seen Azhar that week. They really set a scene which made it an epic film to enjoy in the cinema. I knew little of either Sarbjit or Azhar before seeing the films, but if I wanted to know more I could have gone on Wiki. Obviously the main point of watching the films is escapism/enjoyment which Sarbjit accomplished unlike the Azhar. It was definitely perfect for the cinema as the scenes were enhanced, and as it wasn't too heavy on dialogue or fast moving, it didn't matter if you got distracted by the latecomers, popcorn munchers, light in the corner of your eyes texters and thinking out louders (A bit like Life of Pi, which I know is a bit of a weird comparison).

I got to see The Merchants of Bollywood, which impressed me because it was a last minute plan by my family and I had no idea what to expect. :dancing2:

Sultan - 6/10 - As decent as the acting was, the fight scenes were predictable so felt a drag at the end. For a lengthy movie, it was missing something that would make it great, and unfortunately if a film of that length doesn't hit the heights it leaves you unsatisfied coming out of the cinema.

Did anyone here watch Mohenjo Daro? I was always more interested to watch that rather than Rustom (don't know why because I love thrillers and normally don't fancy period dramas), but clearly most people seem to have gone for Rustom.

Glad to have you back after such a long time! :smile:

Haha yes, it is big news and very exciting to hear that Aamir and Big B will be starring together. I think there's a good chance they will both stick with the project - we know how picky Aamir is about each of his films and how much effort he puts into all of them. So it's quite likely this will be his next appearance after Dangal. That's the difference between Aamir and Hrithik - even though they both only do one film at a time, Aamir rejects more films than he signs and is a more experienced/talented actor. But for HR - if you know you're only going to do one project, what's the point of signing 4 or 5 and then backing out of them over money? It just comes across really unprofessional and entitled. That's why it doesn't surprise me to hear that HR didn't stick with Thug and his next project after Kaabil still hasn't been decided. :frown:

I haven't seen Mohenjo Daro - I was keen to watch it after I saw the trailer, but when the reviews came out I thought it was best to give it a miss. And even though I love Akshay, Rustom isn't really the type of film I would enjoy at the cinema - I'd prefer to watch it at home so will wait for it to come out online. The next film I might see is A Flying Jatt but no guarantees there so I'll probably end up waiting until Diwali when Shivaay and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil come out. So far this year I've just seen 5 Hindi films in the cinema (Wazir, Neerja, Housefull 3, Udta Punjab, Sultan). But I've seen many more at home so I will share my reviews for those as soon as I get a chance. There are also lots of great movies to look forward to in the rest of 2016.

Glad you enjoyed the movies you saw. :smile: How come you didn't like Azhar though? I haven't seen it but I thought it might be a decent one-time watch. Sultan was amazing but I'm biased anyway as I will watch anything starring King Salman, lol. A few of you guys on here have said it was predictable, but I didn't really notice that. I enjoyed the fight scenes and found them a lot more realistic than they were in Brothers which is probably the most comparable film to Sultan in terms of content. And I just watched Sarbjit last night - man that was a seriously engaging film. I don't think I've come so close to crying in a Hindi film since Bajrangi Bhaijaan, haha :biggrin:

I saw the Merchants Of Bollywood back in June, and it was awesome. A friend recommended it to me so I thought YOLO and went along. Best Bollywood dance performances I've ever seen on stage! If there's any standard that the Just Bollywood dance competition should be meeting, it's this. :smile:
Beautiful teaser and first posters for Ae Dil Hai Mushkil - coming this Diwali. Can't wait :biggrin:

Spoiler

[video="youtube;GdNKsW-E_po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNKsW-E_po[/video]*

Quick Reply

Latest