The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography OCR

How's everybody's revision going for GCSE Geography? I do the OCR B specification. I'm pretty much sorted, just got a few more case studies to learn :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing the same exam board!

I think I have Population and Settlements and Rivers and Coast sorted but I'm quite weak on Economic Development.
Reply 2
For Paper 2 I still have to learn some case studies yet :L

What topic do you think will be for Paper 2 (SDME)??
Original post by redtoffe
For Paper 2 I still have to learn some case studies yet :L

What topic do you think will be for Paper 2 (SDME)??

My teacher says it *could* be tropical storms, so I'm focusing on that, but having a look over droughts and earthquakes too.

I don't learn case studies for the SDME :tongue: I'll just be aware of the management techniques they used but won't bother with causes/effects etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by An Ignorant Duck
My teacher says it *could* be tropical storms, so I'm focusing on that, but having a look over droughts and earthquakes too.

I don't learn case studies for the SDME :tongue: I'll just be aware of the management techniques they used but won't bother with causes/effects etc.

I meant case studies for Paper 1, and yes my teacher also estimated that too for Paper 2. Still scary that anything else could turn up on paper 2 as its not fixed :hmpf:
Reply 5
My teacher thinks paper 2 will be Tropical storm too! But she said to make sure to learn all the other hazards as well!
The case studies for paper 2 are also not that important as the ones for paper 1
Reply 6
Oh no i'm getting confused now, I think i was wrong before.

lets clear this confusion:

Paper 1 - Sustainable decision making (no case studies)
Paper 2 - Key Geographical Themes - Case studies to learn
Reply 7
Oh no i'm getting confused now, I think i was wrong before.

lets clear this confusion:

Paper 1 - Sustainable decision making (no case studies)
Paper 2 - Key Geographical Themes - Case studies to learn

Yes you are right but it's a good idea to know about the case studies for Natural Hazards because you can relate to them in the Section C when you make your decision
We've literally just finished the spec., so I'm a bit worried about geography. Any tips to revise?
Reply 9
Guys, for like June 2013, where can I get the grade boundaries from?

I've looked at the OCR Grade Boundaries for June 2013, but it only states the grade boundaries for each paper like - It shows grade boundaries for SDME paper, Key Geo Themes paper and Controlled Assessment grade boundaries. But where can I get the TOTAL grade boundary, for like the whole final grade?
Does anyone know where I can find the June 2013 paper? It doesn't seem to be on OCR's website.
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to wish you all good luck for tomorrow:smile:

Also, do you all still think it will be Climatic Hazards i.e Tropical Storms and Droughts?
So how did everyone find it? I think it went very well :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by An Ignorant Duck
So how did everyone find it? I think it went very well :smile:

I think it went well! Glad tropical storms came up but it seems like they decided to give less space to write in this time!
Guys, for like June 2013, where can I get the grade boundaries from?

I've looked at the OCR Grade Boundaries for June 2013, but it only states the grade boundaries for each paper like - It shows grade boundaries for SDME paper, Key Geo Themes paper and Controlled Assessment grade boundaries. But where can I get the TOTAL grade boundary, for like the whole final grade?

Okay, I may be wrong, so don't take my word for it, but isn't your final grade decided by the UMS marks? Like in science 360+ out of 400 total is an overall A* IDK... I assume its similar for Geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone in the exam tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 16
Yeah good luck hope it goes well has everyone learnt there case studies??
Is the exam tomorrow out of 99 marks or 75 marks? I know they have changed it so you have to answer every question but do you know why it's now out of 99?
Reply 18
You dont have to answer every question..... what board are u???
Reply 19
You dont have to answer every question..... what board are u??? geography you only have to answer one section dont u??

Quick Reply

Latest