The Student Room Group

English GCSE AQA Higher tier

Hey there, I have recently been given feedback about my overall grade for my control assessments, my teacher say its a C+, what are the chances of me failing the exam? I'm doing the higher English GCSE AQA Higher tier, the timing is so stressful!!! I've been getting B's overall in my mocks but go blank sometimes im so worried!!!!
Original post by potnoodle1234
Hey there, I have recently been given feedback about my overall grade for my control assessments, my teacher say its a C+, what are the chances of me failing the exam? I'm doing the higher English GCSE AQA Higher tier, the timing is so stressful!!! I've been getting B's overall in my mocks but go blank sometimes im so worried!!!!

This isn't really something that we're going to be in a position to assess properly, but if you're writing at the B/C boundary for the controlled assessments and can maintain a B grade standard in the real exam then I'd say that a B grade overall sounds likely to me. As you practice more (especially in overcoming situations in which you feel yourself 'going blank'), you'll reduce the likelihood of finding yourself stuck in an exam and, when that does happen, reduce the length of time that you're stuck for.

Good luck, and don't let the stress get to you too much! :smile:
Will do, and thanks for the advise I appreciate it!
Reply 3
I got an A for controlled assessment but been getting high c low b's for the exam what can be my overall???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm doing edexcel wngoish

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really don't know what grade you will achieve. Considering you have gained an A overall for your control assessments, I'd say your pretty safe though so don't worry too much!
Reply 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending