The Student Room Group

3rd June 2014 - GCSE AQA Food Technology Exam

Any opinions or predictions? I thought the preliminary material this year was very vague - I mean "cake decorating" is literally just two words! Last year the preliminary material was a lot more detailed. Do you think we will be asked to describe the processes to make and decorate a cake, or just to decorate it?
I honestly don't know and I don't particularly care either. Food tech is one of those subjects you can just make up as you go along.
Am I the only one who found Section B of this paper REALLY hard. Like, how many 5-8 mark questions did they want? There was literally about 3 questions that were 1 or 2 marks and usually about half the paper is 1 and 2 mark questions. Tbh revision didn't help me that much for this paper, it wasn't really knowledge based.
yeah I agree, they were all so vague and there were a high number of marks for questions I didn't have much to say about, which made me panic.
To be fair, there was way to many 5-8 mark questions. There was only the 1, 1 mark question which is completly wrong. This is probably one of the hardest exams i have taken. ICT Theory exam was easyier and you have to remember more. AQA has really messed up with this exam, and, for the record, how do you decorate a lemon merigue pie??? never even seen one.
Reply 5
I found most of the questions quite vague and I found there wasn't much to say for some of them :s-smilie: The bad thing is that usually food tech grade boundaries are quite high but hopefully it will be lower this year. omg what quality checks could you do for frozen fish?! lol its probs only me who found that difficult.
That fish one was pretty difficult. You could have smelled the fish and check the colours to see I it was off or not :wink:
Reply 7
so the grade boundary for food tech is 106/200 for the a* - that is so high compared to other techs
Reply 8
Original post by Rispi14
so the grade boundary for food tech is 106/200 for the a* - that is so high compared to other techs

106/120 :wink:

Doing well in the coursework boosts a lot. Before it was moderated, I was on full marks on the coursework so I only need a mid B to get an A*. Coursework helps a lot
Reply 9
Original post by Clarinet
106/120 :wink:

Doing well in the coursework boosts a lot. Before it was moderated, I was on full marks on the coursework so I only need a mid B to get an A*. Coursework helps a lot

great! i think i am also on full coursework marks, so i can get a mid b as well - awesome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest