The Student Room Group

AQA A Level French Paper 1 7652/1 - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

This poll is closed

How did your AQA A Level French Paper 1 exam go?

Loved the exam - Feeling positive 15%
The exam was reasonable/It was alright 42%
Not feeling great about that exam... 24%
It was terrible, I don't even want to talk about it 8%
Neither good or bad, I'm just hoping for the best/preparing for the worst 10%
Something Else (let us know in the thread!)1%
Total votes: 271
AQA A-level French Paper 1 (7652) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 12th June 2023, am
Length: 2hr 30 mins

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/french-7652

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how are people feeling for this one, i know we have a lot of time but still...
Reply 2
Original post by beefreya
how are people feeling for this one, i know we have a lot of time but still...

not great ngl, its my worst paper out of all 3 and ifs 50% of the a level like hm
Reply 3
Original post by 2ellsbells
not great ngl, its my worst paper out of all 3 and ifs 50% of the a level like hm

ive done all of the past papers, i dont know what more to do
:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by beefreya
ive done all of the past papers, i dont know what more to do
:frown:

prep is so hard for this paper tbh, i just do vocab and grammar stuff, not really sure what you can do other than that and past papers
Reply 5
I'm just going to try to learn all the vocab I can and pray that that gets me through. My biggest worry is the translation bc I can't seem to get more than about 4 out of 10 because the markscheme is SO PERNICKETY. And don't get me started on the résumé...
Reply 6
Original post by beaquin
I'm just going to try to learn all the vocab I can and pray that that gets me through. My biggest worry is the translation bc I can't seem to get more than about 4 out of 10 because the markscheme is SO PERNICKETY. And don't get me started on the résumé...

honestly, the mark schemes are soooo specific and then the grade boundaries are so high like what😭😭😭😭not fun for the non native speakers🥲
Original post by 2ellsbells
honestly, the mark schemes are soooo specific and then the grade boundaries are so high like what😭😭😭😭not fun for the non native speakers🥲

:ninja:
Reply 8
Original post by beaquin

translations are acc so frustrating :mad:
Original post by maddyjenkins
translations are acc so frustrating :mad:

Yeah, at A-level it seems to be too picky.
Reply 10
I hate that i have no proper way to revise for this paper and for me it all just comes down to luck
Reply 11
Original post by anonhehe
I hate that i have no proper way to revise for this paper and for me it all just comes down to luck

HONESTLY I haven't touched french revision because I simply don't know how to revise for it, even though I've done hours and days of my other a levels (latin and english lit). Idk if that's because french is more of a gradually gathered skill and there isn't much you can do to revise or if I'm just slacking?
Reply 12
Original post by beaquin
HONESTLY I haven't touched french revision because I simply don't know how to revise for it, even though I've done hours and days of my other a levels (latin and english lit). Idk if that's because french is more of a gradually gathered skill and there isn't much you can do to revise or if I'm just slacking?

no i've done very little, I think at this stage there's not much we can do apart from past papers, I've done a couple and can't get out of the mid 60s and for me translations are just luck I can get 2 or 7 it depends what's on it
Reply 13
Original post by guydavis04
no i've done very little, I think at this stage there's not much we can do apart from past papers, I've done a couple and can't get out of the mid 60s and for me translations are just luck I can get 2 or 7 it depends what's on it

Glad it's not just me! Translations are such a joke I hate them so much
Reply 14
Original post by beaquin
Glad it's not just me! Translations are such a joke I hate them so much

Gotta love being marked down for “%” instead of “pourcent” 😍
Reply 15
yo how’s everyone doing, what book and film do you all do? I do L’étranger for the book and La Haine for the film
Reply 16
Watching La Haine rn lol
Reply 17
Original post by alex.25
Watching La Haine rn lol

je suppose que t’es un locuteur natif mdrr
Reply 18
Original post by BarnabyK
je suppose que t’es un locuteur natif mdrr

i’m not lol
Reply 19
Original post by alex.25