The Student Room Group

AQA C3 June 2014 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ariamuh
im sure its not because ive went back to the textbook to check and its reflected in the y axis only

OHHHH my god, no I completely understand now! Sorry, I am so bloody dim when it comes to modulus graphs :frown: You're right!
Reply 41
Original post by ariamuh
im sure its not because ive went back to the textbook to check and its reflected in the y axis only

I agree. It is just reflected in the Y-axis. 100%
To get an A* is it 90 ums in each c3 and c4 or average ovet c3 and c4? Aka can I save this on Thursday 😂
Original post by rachelrazza
To get an A* is it 90 ums in each c3 and c4 or average ovet c3 and c4? Aka can I save this on Thursday ������

It's average! If you get 100 on C3 and 80 on C4 it's still an A* :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by charak05
It was 0^(1/2)*sin(0). 0*0=0 :smile:

Yes i used to wrong ordinates... Kicking myself for some of the mistakes i made... Who the hell thinks 9am is a good time for an exam. :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by lukeface
ugh, lost at least 7 marks on question 4 alone, there goes my a*... probably around 62/75 overall. :/ Is this likely to be an A? I need to know whether i can still get an a* in maths overall, i.e. whether i should bother for c4, because i'm guaranteed an A already so if I can't get a*, no point trying c4.

exactly the same situation as me i only needed C's/D's in c3 or c4 to get an A if i don't get 90% but it looks like i've got 63/75 so i might just give up on c4
Reply 46
OHHHH my god, no I completely understand now! Sorry, I am so bloody dim when it comes to modulus graphs :frown: You're right!

no its okay we all make mistakes :smile: trust me ive made a few haha
Reply 47
They were supposed to look like this. Although I just found out I did the second one wrong in the exam :angry:
c33.jpg

I think your second graph is wrong
Original post by AstusUK
Yes i used to wrong ordinates... Kicking myself for some of the mistakes i made... Who the hell thinks 9am is a good time for an exam. :frown:

Haha, don't worry! My modulus graphs are absolutely shameful!
They were supposed to look like this. Although I just found out I did the second one wrong in the exam :angry:
c33.jpg

Thanks, the second one I did not do a reflection but graph looks very similar I just reflected the part below the x-axis above the x-axis. It does not look like a reflection to scale but can look like one due to the nature of the graph lol.

Do you reckon I will get it?

Also how many marks lost for wrong co-ordinates?
Original post by MudassarrQJ
Thanks, the second one I did not do a reflection but graph looks very similar I just reflected the part below the x-axis above the x-axis. It does not look like a reflection to scale but can look like one due to the nature of the graph lol.

Do you reckon I will get it?

Also how many marks lost for wrong co-ordinates?

I don't know what you're describing but my picture is wrong. It is supposed to be a reflection of the positive x values. I can't really describe it haha. And it was only worth two marks, so one for the shape and one for the coordinates I'd assume
For 4)c) i - Can you not do Translation (-2,0) followed by stretch parallel to x axis by SF 1/2 ? Will that get all the marks?
Original post by MudassarrQJ
For 4)c) i - Can you not do Translation (-2,0) followed by stretch parallel to x axis by SF 1/2 ? Will that get all the marks?

Yepp that's right, I did it that way. There were two ways and it didn't matter which one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know what you're describing but my picture is wrong. It is supposed to be a reflection of the positive x values. I can't really describe it haha. And it was only worth two marks, so one for the shape and one for the coordinates I'd assume

Oh haha, my first one is right. In the second one I just did what you did lol. How'd you do overall?

I had hopes of getting a 100% but nerves got to me. I got about 50 marks which is about a C unless (extremely unlikely) get a B.

If it is a C, just need to get 131 UMS from C4 and M1 to get a B overall which I am happy with tbh.
Original post by Januu Dolly
Yepp that's right, I did it that way. There were two ways and it didn't matter which one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew haha!

Original post by edward12
exactly the same situation as me i only needed C's/D's in c3 or c4 to get an A if i don't get 90% but it looks like i've got 63/75 so i might just give up on c4

It's so annoying to put so much effort in over the two years, perform consistently in the high 90's, and then fall down a slight bit in one exam. It's annoying too because I'm actually a lot better at C4, as I find the questions a lot more conceptual than C3 and the grade boundaries are lower meaning i don't drop down grades for silly errors. Eh well. F it.
Reply 56
For 4c i thought the translation comes first, followed by the stretch? Could somebody please explain why for the last Q8 question why you don't add 2 to the values? Also for integration by parts why is it not sin? As I thought you integrate sin to -cos then do it again so -cos to -sin?
Original post by Br1231
For 4c i thought the translation comes first, followed by the stretch? Could somebody please explain why for the last Q8 question why you don't add 2 to the values? Also for integration by parts why is it not sin? As I thought you integrate sin to -cos then do it again so -cos to -sin?

For by parts you take the minus outside the integral and left with xcosx then integrate that again
I left my answer to volume of revolution as something like pi times (1.223 - 1/4 - 1/4) I didn't realise the correct way to do it. Will I get any marks out 3? I got the right numbers just not in exact form. For the inverse function I found it as an implicit function so both y and x were in it. Will I get any marks? My sketches of graphs did not have the point p labelled only the points at which the curve crossed the x axis , will I lose marks and how many per question? The question didn't ask to label p just to sketch graphs after some transformations.
Reply 59
Original post by lukeface
It's so annoying to put so much effort in over the two years, perform consistently in the high 90's, and then fall down a slight bit in one exam. It's annoying too because I'm actually a lot better at C4, as I find the questions a lot more conceptual than C3 and the grade boundaries are lower meaning i don't drop down grades for silly errors. Eh well. F it.

it's really stupid way of doing it tbh like getting an 96% average at AS was pointless because i ****ed a couple of questions in c3 it's really annoying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending