The Student Room Group

ocr geography geographical skills revision thread

i know its a bit late for one of these but i don't think there is a dedicated place for geographical skills discussion. so share your techniques for revision, how you feel about the paper etc.
Reply 1
Totally unprepared, our teacher hasn't given us any helpful resources and I have no idea what kind of structure to use to answer the essay questions
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaPC
Totally unprepared, our teacher hasn't given us any helpful resources and I have no idea what kind of structure to use to answer the essay questions

I find that most of the essay questions can be structured around your sub hypotheses so each paragraph is about each sub hypothesis
Reply 3
Has anyone got lists of past questions or summary sheets got no revision material from my teacher?
Reply 4
Original post by Derek10
Has anyone got lists of past questions or summary sheets got no revision material from my teacher?

I've made a list of all the past essay questions if that would help?
Reply 5
how are people revising for section A? i think the best way is just to do as much practice as possible, i don't find that section too difficult but i find it hard to remember the differences between all the sampling methods/types
Reply 6
Yeah that would be a massive help thanks
Reply 7
are there any main themes/topics that will come up for the essay in section B?
Reply 8
Has anyone got any exam technique tips for both section A and the essays? Its what normally lets my answers down?
Reply 9
Original post by IzziJT
are there any main themes/topics that will come up for the essay in section B?

I think the main themes are derived from each section in the investigation for example one could be about assessing data presentsion or about whether the findings fit the theory. Tbh im not really sure myself
Reply 10
Original post by tgwktm
how are people revising for section A? i think the best way is just to do as much practice as possible, i don't find that section too difficult but i find it hard to remember the differences between all the sampling methods/types

I agree theres a lot yo remember for just a small section, found the best way for sampling has been to do drawings for each method using the different types. Find it hardest to remember the statistical techniques, hope question on them doesnt come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending