The Student Room Group

Geography NEA help !!!

I’ve been really struggling with my geography NEA and I’m worried that I won’t get the marks for it.

At the moment, I’m struggling with the methodology section the most and my teacher hasn’t been very helpful.

Would anyone be able to help ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ana:
I’ve been really struggling with my geography NEA and I’m worried that I won’t get the marks for it.

At the moment, I’m struggling with the methodology section the most and my teacher hasn’t been very helpful.

If you describe your problem i'll try help. i'm doing my nea atm as well its a pain
Reply 2
hi, I thought this might help as I've sent my NEA off a couple months ago now 🙂

what I found the most useful was to split each part of the methodology into a table, with the headings of Variable, Equipment Used, Method, Pros & Cons and Frequency, as it made the information easier to read - and so easier for the examiner to see and mark off too! 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by aahhasdhhasdh
Original post by Ana:

If you describe your problem i'll try help. i'm doing my nea atm as well its a pain

So my nea is about sense of place and I’m unsure how to gather data on that as the human geography teacher left so I haven’t had help for months. I don’t even know what the methodology section is meant to look like.
Original post by Ana:

So my nea is about sense of place and I’m unsure how to gather data on that as the human geography teacher left so I haven’t had help for months. I don’t even know what the methodology section is meant to look like.
you have 2 tables, one for methods and one for sampling strategy. idk about you but i needed 5 methods. in my methodology i had a table with the first column as method and explanation of method. 2nd column was justification for method. column 3 was the research question it applied to.

Sampling methods was the same, sampling method and explanation, justification, research question
Reply 5
Original post by Mnet

Hello, I could help you out...just say the word.

Please, it would be much appreciated
Original post by Ana:

Hello there, I've actually made videos on the whole nea so you can check it out here for help! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpLPrnCekdihohotGbiyWxdfdxtRDJAuQ&si=36Ke96cMJepkg66z
Reply 7
Original post by Ana:

Please, it would be much appreciated

@physicsidbad12 has a videos detailed properly with the key guidelines, it would be helpful.
Reply 8
Original post by physicsisbad12
Original post by Ana:

Hello there, I've actually made videos on the whole nea so you can check it out here for help! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpLPrnCekdihohotGbiyWxdfdxtRDJAuQ&si=36Ke96cMJepkg66z

Thanks so much, I’ll check this out
Reply 9
Original post by Mnet

@physicsidbad12 has a videos detailed properly with the key guidelines, it would be helpful.

Thanks, I will look into it
Original post by Ana:

PMT has a good guide on it I think and if you look online there are checklists
Reply 11
Original post by random555
Original post by Ana:

PMT has a good guide on it I think and if you look online there are checklists

Thankss
Reply 12
Original post by Ana:

----==
Original post by Ana:

i’ve just handed mine in on a very similarly related project!

dw if you would rather not but if you pm me your snap/insta/etc i can send you the help sheets we got given? they helped me a ton and bullet point structured all the sections, and detailed it to a great extent.

for my methodology i used

questionnaire (made a form on microsoft/google forms and submitted it to facebook groups for my town asking them to complete it for my a level coursework)

clone town survey

footfall survey

media/news reports
(Also done a fifth but forgot for the time being!)

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by greentiger
Original post by Ana:

dw if you would rather not but if you pm me your snap/insta/etc i can send you the help sheets we got given? they helped me a ton and bullet point structured all the sections, and detailed it to a great extent.

questionnaire (made a form on microsoft/google forms and submitted it to facebook groups for my town asking them to complete it for my a level coursework)

clone town survey

footfall survey

media/news reports

I don’t know how to work my pms but my snap is: T.attie

Thanks so much!
added your snap now !! mines freyja so you don’t think i’m a randomer
Original post by Ana:

The RGS website has a whole website on how to write your NEA divided into different sections. Very useful, I highly recommend you have a look.

Also I split mine into:
Type (qualitative or quantitative),
Justification (why is this appropriate, how does this help answer your hypothesis)
Method (give a detailed account on how you collected the data and frequency. e.g. "I searched {blank} on Google" and I used "{blank} website})
Pros, Cons (Evaluation marks as you need to evaluate all the way through your NEA for higher marks. speak on things such as limitations such as personal biases, the reliability of the website/source e.t.c).

I hope this helps. Any other questions I'm happy to help.
(Make sure to split into two clearly labelled sections - Secondary and Primary data as you get marks for neat layouts and clear titles/sub-titles)
Reply 17
Original post by twotreatises
Original post by Ana:

The RGS website has a whole website on how to write your NEA divided into different sections. Very useful, I highly recommend you have a look.

Also I split mine into:
Justification (why is this appropriate, how does this help answer your hypothesis)
Method (give a detailed account on how you collected the data and frequency. e.g. "I searched {blank} on Google" and I used "{blank} website})
Pros, Cons (Evaluation marks as you need to evaluate all the way through your NEA for higher marks. speak on things such as limitations such as personal biases, the reliability of the website/source e.t.c).

(Make sure to split into two clearly labelled sections - Secondary and Primary data as you get marks for neat layouts and clear titles/sub-titles)

Thank you very much
Reply 18
Original post by twotreatises

Also I split mine into:

Hey Bucko💀! Just thought id make it clear this is a yap free zone, don't ever let me catch you lacking again🤨. Remember to keep it snappy around these parts..... Pipsqueak. signing off- D1hater
Original post by greentiger

clone town survey

footfall survey

media/news reports

Hey there - in terms of sources to include - I understand there is what you use for primary and secondary data etc but can you have more sources that you refer too ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending