The Student Room Group

OCR GATEWAY CHEMISTRY B 16th June C4 C5 C6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heench
and for one of the questions i got 72? :/

That was the relative formula mass of a compound but I don't think it was the answer
Reply 21
Original post by mikyyyyy
that table which u had to estimate the answer

oh yeah, ahh i cant remember what i put. I think i did roughly 3x the melting point for the last element. Cause the no. of protons was 11 for the element that were asking us to predict, and the last element had proton number of 37, so i did abit less than 3x bigger
Reply 22
Original post by EastGuava
That was the relative formula mass of a compound but I don't think it was the answer

hmm i had a feeling i wasnt doing the right thing. It was only one mark? I just added them up. What did you do/get?
Original post by heench
hmm i had a feeling i wasnt doing the right thing. It was only one mark? I just added them up. What did you do/get?

It was one mark, and the answer was 72!
Okay I calculated 72 and wrote it in the method part but left the answer blank because I thought it was asking something else... great :P
Reply 25
For that collecting water prediction, did you guys say that her prediction of water made was directly proportional to the amount heated was correct?
To a certain extent because the last experiment didn't follow the trend but I said that could have been an anomaly anyway. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by StealthHawk97
To a certain extent because the last experiment didn't follow the trend but I said that could have been an anomaly anyway. :biggrin:

yeah i put that the first few experiments supported it but not the last so she's not correct
Reply 28
how many marks was that quistion
Reply 29
for the first 6 marker i put
the top number which was the relative atomic mass is the number of protons and neutrons and can be used to work out the number of neutrons. this is done by taking away the bottom number from the top number to give the amount of neutrons. the amount of electrons are calculated by looking at the number of protons, it is always going to be the same as the number of protons.
how many marks?
Reply 30
for the first 6 marker i put
the top number which was the relative atomic mass is the number of protons and neutrons and can be used to work out the number of neutrons. this is done by taking away the bottom number from the top number to give the amount of neutrons. the amount of electrons are calculated by looking at the number of protons, it is always going to be the same as the number of protons.
how many marks?

id say around 2/3 because you havent talked about its place in the periodic table or the electron configuration structure :smile:
Reply 31
For the second 6 market you didn't even need to talk about concentration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by azaaza
For the second 6 market you didn't even need to talk about concentration

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear it asked at the end how adding more reactants will change equilibrium, thats concentration
Reply 33
yeah it did i said that an increase in con would mean its more squashed the particles an increase in speed of yield also the temp dosnt affect the yield only the speed and the pressure affects the yield increase in pressure increases the amount of yield .
Reply 34
yeah it did i said that an increase in con would mean its more squashed the particles an increase in speed of yield also the temp dosnt affect the yield only the speed and the pressure affects the yield increase in pressure increases the amount of yield .

Temperature did affect the yield because the higher the temperature got the lower the yield got
Reply 35
no it dosnt it speeds up the reaction but dosnt affect the yield produced
Reply 36
no it dosnt it speeds up the reaction but dosnt affect the yield produced

as the forward reaction is exothermic, an increase in temperature causes equilibrium to move in the endothermic direction (towards the reactants) to take in more heat - so an increase in temperature causes a increase in the amount of reactants and a decrease in the amount of product, decreasing the percentage yield
Reply 37
I think that the more reactants was about the equilibrium shifting to the right and how the products counter by making the product faster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
1) Increase temp- Decrease yield, faster rate of reaction, favours the endotheromic (reverse reaction). 2) Increase pressure- increases percentage yield but is expensive to maintain and dangerous to control. 3) Adding CO2, the system tries to counter the increase in reactants so makes the yield faster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
for the last six marker i put
2 types of hardness
permanent and non permanent
washing soda removes hardness
allows the sodium to dissolve in the water getting rid of hardness
calcium reacts with the hydrogen reacting to reduce hardness
limestone is used aswell
how many marks?

Quick Reply

Latest