The Student Room Group

What's it like living in England?

I'm interested to move there. I live in Northern Ireland btw, it's small and often forgotten so living in England would likely be different. I like where I live because it's my home but I now crave somewhere bigger and more exciting.
Reply 1
Love England but right now it's just depressing.
It depends where, you’re going to have completely different experiences in different cities, parts of the country and even areas of the same city.
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
It depends where, you’re going to have completely different experiences in different cities, parts of the country and even areas of the same city.

Yes. We're not quite exposed to that, living in very small country where most places bar the Capital and it's surrounding areas are very rural (Middle of nowhere, nothing but mountains rural) Although we appreciate the nature and landscape.
Reply 4
Original post by KH29
Love England but right now it's just depressing.

Why's that? It couldn't be the weather, were currently in a heat wave in NI. Although it's kind of a tropical climate because there boiling heat and rain on the same day 😂
Original post by Amb/conf
Why's that?

Have you never been there? It's full of English people :tongue:
Original post by Amb/conf
Yes. We're not quite exposed to that, living in very small country where most places bar the Capital and it's surrounding areas are very rural (Middle of nowhere, nothing but mountains rural) Although we appreciate the nature and landscape.

Ireland’s landscapes really are to die for but England has such gorgeous countryside too tbh. But yes especially when you’re young and stuff it may be better to live in somewhere a little less middle of nowhere-y!
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Have you never been there? It's full of English people :tongue:

Yeah, I've been there loads. Yes, I'm sure has loads of English people 😂 But it it's very diverse, which is very attractive for me.
Reply 8
One of the nicest holidays I ever had was in Bradford, it may sound weirds because I'm of Bradfords problems; the crime, poverty, low socio economic class. I however loved the diversity, the fast food was great and cheap (A burger is like 10 pounds where I live 😬) Proximity to nice cities like Manchester. The Morrison's and Aldi (They and Waitrose are non existent in Northern Ireland). I visited London loads and it's nice and big and exciting, but sometimes a little to big for comfort, plus the painful expensiveness.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest