The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mazzaion
Am I the only one arriving on the morning of my first day of interviews? I couldn't find a decent flight the night before and now I'm scared there will be an issue... :frown:

Same, I arrive at Heathrow at 2pm and should be there by 6pm :smile: so that's going to be a fun sprint through the airport
I got an invitation for my interview at Worcester, received the mail this Friday. I've applied for Philosophy and French :smile:
Okay guys can you help me out here.

I've applied for PPE at Exeter College and haven't heard anything. I phoned them on Friday and they said that successful applicants were emailed on Wednesday and that rejection letters were sent at the same time. I hadn't heard anything so I assumed I'd have a rejection letter that day or Saturday. However, I've received neither email nor a letter yet, and it's now less than a week till interview. It would see odd for a letter to take this long to get to me - is it at all possible that something's gone wrong? Thanks.
Original post by NamEJ
Have there been any IB applicants that have been successful thus far? :smile: If so what are your predicted results?

I have! I got a predicted 44 with full marks in everything except Maths SL, which was unbelievably lucky on my part. Hasn't helped me so much with my university applications though: I've only gotten one reply from Exeter which is a conditional 38 (their highest potential offer), and my interview to Balliol.

How about you, friend? What are you applying for and to where? :smile:
I just got an interview from Wadham for PPE! Over the moon, I wouldn't have expected them to send out offers on a Sunday either!
Original post by NamEJ
Have there been any IB applicants that have been successful thus far? :smile: If so what are your predicted results?

Me, for Physics with 39 points. But my results are real c:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by leahcharmaine
Has anybody got an interview for oriental studies; Arabic & Islamic studies??

Not received anything yet. What college did you apply to?
Original post by 9dobbo1

I've applied for PPE at Exeter College and haven't heard anything. I phoned them on Friday and they said that successful applicants were emailed on Wednesday and that rejection letters were sent at the same time. I hadn't heard anything so I assumed I'd have a rejection letter that day or Saturday. However, I've received neither email nor a letter yet, and it's now less than a week till interview. It would see odd for a letter to take this long to get to me - is it at all possible that something's gone wrong? Thanks.

I also haven't received anything from Exeter yet, but do they mean that they've sent all the results out or just PPE?
Original post by 9dobbo1

I would call them tomorrow and tell them what's going on, they should be able to help you out.
Original post by bulbawill
I just got an interview from Wadham for PPE! Over the moon, I wouldn't have expected them to send out offers on a Sunday either!

Congrats! I would expect the same as you, still haven't heard anything here!
Rejection for Wadham PPE, the TSA was beyond **** so expected. Looks like it's Exeter then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying to ComSci heard anything?
Original post by TANJUNN
They do send out both emails and letters by post

Have you received an email and a letter? I'm a UK applicant, but I only received an interview letter through the post
Anyone who sent their photo or answered their online form get any kind of acknowledgement for doing so?
Original post by 9dobbo1

In the same boat applied for English and still haven't heard... Live nearby so would have assumed the letter would have reached me by now? So frustrating that we have been left waiting so late. Has anyone else not heard from Exeter?
Original post by davies1
In the same boat applied for English and still haven't heard... Live nearby so would have assumed the letter would have reached me by now? So frustrating that we have been left waiting so late. Has anyone else not heard from Exeter?

I applied Maths in Exeter and didn't hear anything
Original post by Sho111
Has anyone heard from Exeter college yet? I am applying for English

No, let me know when you do! So stressful
Original post by thehollowcrown
Anyone who sent their photo or answered their online form get any kind of acknowledgement for doing so?

Nah, didn't get a confirmation form and I don't really expect one either.
How come you want to see it again? :smile:
Is there anybody applying for mathematics in Oxford has been shortlisted and know your MAT results?
Original post by Rocketrascal
Well at the interview and this applies to all oxbridge applicants, the interviewer isnt necessarily trying to test you but is rathet trying to help you display your interest in said subject. For you specifically its important to analyse any extra material you have read or mentioned on your ps in more detail. So for me I talked about Ray Dalio's how the economic machine works and talked about my personal opinion about it and then talked about the infamous game theory. The game theory is infamous for eliminating oxford applicants before interview because as soon as people our age mention it they get it wrong. My interviewer liked that i talked about it anyway scoring a lot of bonus points. I also read a book called its economics stupid, try that. Mainly just read your ps stuff

Thank you for your reply- it's really helpful, can I ask you about the maths involved in your interviews? And maybe what was asked in economics interviews? It sounds like the management interview is quite personal and very much about you- while the econ one is more standard?
I literally decided to apply to Oxford the day before the deadline- very little to do with management in my statement 😅

Latest

Trending

Trending