The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had to fill in the Work Exp form for Bristol yet?
Reply 81
Yes I have. I did it about 3 weeks ago and I have an interview at Bristol tomorrow
Reply 82
Has anyone heard anything from the RVC? All I have had from them is a acknowledgment email and they said they would be in touch within 4 weeks and its now way past that!
Reply 83
Original post by emily96_
Has anyone heard anything from the RVC? All I have had from them is a acknowledgment email and they said they would be in touch within 4 weeks and its now way past that!

I haven't heard anything either:frown: they've acknowledged mine too but that was a few weeks ago:frown: hope you hear back soon x
Reply 84
Original post by beth16x
I haven't heard anything either:frown: they've acknowledged mine too but that was a few weeks ago:frown: hope you hear back soon x

Same to you! Im thinking/hoping no news is good news? x
Reply 85
Same to you! Im thinking/hoping no news is good news? x

Aw thank you! Haha I definitely hope so! Where else have you applied?:smile: x
Reply 86
Original post by beth16x
Aw thank you! Haha I definitely hope so! Where else have you applied?:smile: x

I applied to RVC and Bristol for vet nursing and Nottingham (5 year and 6 year gateway)and Surrey for Vet Med. I have had questionnaires from Nott and Surrey so fingers crossed. I have my interview for Bristol tomorrow!
What about you? :smile:
Reply 87
I applied to RVC and Bristol for vet nursing and Nottingham (5 year and 6 year gateway)and Surrey for Vet Med. I have had questionnaires from Nott and Surrey so fingers crossed. I have my interview for Bristol tomorrow!

Aw congratulations on your interview, hope your others are good news!:biggrin: I've applied for Vet Nursing at Harper Adams, Nottingham Trent, RVC, Edinburgh Napier and Middlesex:smile:
Reply 88
Hello, I'm a french student and I want to start vet nursing asap, but honestly, I'm a little bit lost in all of the forms and stuff and you might be able to answer few of my questions.. First, what is best to do ? Apprenticeship or regular courses ? College or University ? Is there a big difference ? What is the difference between vet nursing and vet surgeon ? I visited Chichester College and it seemed pretty good, struggling right now to find a place to work at.. Do you always apply through UCAS ? When do you get an interview ?

Thanks everyone :smile: !
Hi, okay so colleges usually teach the level 3 veterinary nursing diploma and universities teach the foundation and or bsc veterinary nursing degree....Both of these will lead to you becoming a registered vet nurse. With college you don't apply through ucas, you get an application form from the college, with any university it's through ucas. The apprenticeship route is harder in that you would have to find a practice to take you on almost full time while you would go to a college I believe once a week for training classes. With the college route you would do 9 weeks placement 9 weeks college and so on throughout the course. With university it's usually maybe one small block placement in year 1 and a 12 month placement starting during your second year.
A vet nurse is pretty much the same as a human nurse- you help the veterinary surgeon, cleaning tasks, administration tasks , reception, monitoring anaesthetics, kennel cleaning and monitoring in - patients, instrument cleaning, admitting and discharging patients. An actual veterinary surgeon performs the surgeries, diagnoses the patients, writes prescriptions for medicines, consults with clients and such....its the same as a human surgeon and doctor.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beth16x
Aw congratulations on your interview, hope your others are good news!:biggrin: I've applied for Vet Nursing at Harper Adams, Nottingham Trent, RVC, Edinburgh Napier and Middlesex:smile:

Good luck with your interview! Can you let us know what sort of questions they asked you?

I'm also still waiting to ehar off RVC, Edinburgh Napier and am waiting for my Reference to be sent to Harper Adams!
Reply 91
Thankyou! Of course, I'll let you know what they all ask xx
Nottingham Trent interview came this morning - 8:50am on the 9Th of December which means ill be leaving the house at 2am D: It'll be worth it though! ^.^
Reply 93
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Nottingham Trent interview came this morning - 8:50am on the 9Th of December which means ill be leaving the house at 2am D: It'll be worth it though! ^.^

I have one on the same day!! Well done! X
Original post by beth16x
I have one on the same day!! Well done! X

Yay!!! Well done and good luck! I'm super nervous omg hehe
Reply 95
Yay!!! Well done and good luck! I'm super nervous omg hehe

Thankyou!! Same to you! Haha me too, hope it goes well! My parents are struggling to get the day off so I might need to ask if they are doing any interviews in January:-(
Reply 96

That sucks :/ I have a bristol interview on the 17th at 9am so I'm staying overnight so I don't have to get up at 4am. Good luck to you though and get plenty of sleep before! :biggrin:
Reply 97
Ahhhh guys I've sent off my application!:biggrin: I have had acknowledgement emails from Edinburgh Napier and Harper-now I'll just have to wait and see what happens! It's quite nerve racking!:colondollar:

Well done on everyone getting their interviews! Best of luck to you all! :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by h0ffers
Ahhhh guys I've sent off my application!:biggrin: I have had acknowledgement emails from Edinburgh Napier and Harper-now I'll just have to wait and see what happens! It's quite nerve racking!:colondollar:

Well done on everyone getting their interviews! Best of luck to you all! :smile:

Yay! Happy for you! Hope they're all good news, I bet they will! Thankyou, best of luck to you too! Xx
Reply 99
Just butting in here but I have an interview at Nottingham Trent on the 9th December at 8:50 as well!! So excited :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending