The Student Room Group

What makeup do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
I don't have a specific primer recommendation, but I do recommend to use a water based primer if you use a water based foundation and a silicon primer if you use a silicon based foundation. Otherwise the primer just can't do it's job so well.

If someone could tell me a good primer to use with Revlon colour stay normal/dry skin though that would be great. I don't want to use the revlon primer as it is pink tinted.

Ohh great ,thankyou :smile: I use Estée Lauder double wear ,(at times loreal true match or Clinique super balance but mainly Estée Lauder .The staying power is incredible I highly recommend it) How do you know whether a foundation/primer is water or silicon based?.Ive got a nivea primer but I left it at uni so have to use Mac fix plus spray instead .I find it does a better job than Nivea primer but it's very sticky for me.
I was thinking maybe benefit poreffesional but I don't think I can pay 25 quid for such a tiny bottle :O (not sure if it is water or silicon based)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I didn't wear makeup today cos I after I had a shower I looked in the mirror and was like I don't need this my face looks beat but normally I use Maybeline dream matte mousse, an orangish blusher (sounds weird but it really suits me) Sleek lipgloss- Black Cherry, Essence eyeliner. Wet N Wild eyebrow pencil. 88 colours eyeshadow set and Make-up Revolution mascara (would not advise you to use this) It was £1 get what you will from that.lol
Original post by livealittle
Ohh great ,thankyou :smile: I use Estée Lauder double wear ,(at times loreal true match or Clinique super balance but mainly Estée Lauder .The staying power is incredible I highly recommend it) How do you know whether a foundation/primers water or silicon based?.I used a nivea primer but I left it at uni so had to use Mac fix plus spray instead .I find it does a better job than Nivea primer but it's very sticky for me.
I was thinking maybe benefit poreffesional but I don't think I can pay 25 quid for such a tiny bottle :O (not sure if it is water or silicon based)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most foundations and primers will have an ingredients list on the back, if the first word is aqua it's water based, and if silicon it is silicon based.

Thanks for the recommendation, but other than rimmel and revlon no brands do a shade that matches me as so far as I have found (within price range).

Never used any benefit products, but yeah I definitely wouldn't pay that much for like a 30ml bottle. Not unless I knew for a fact it worked on me (since everyone is different) and it would last me at least a month or two
Reply 183
I use:

Moisturizing cream: Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Lift and Firm SPF 15
Bronzer: Chanel - Soleil Tan De Chanel
Eyeliner: Loreal - Superliner Perfect Slim
Mascara - Chanel- LE VOLUME DE CHANEL
Rimmel or sometimes YSL foundation
Rimmel bronzer
Body Shop blusher
Rimmel eyeliner
Avon mascara
Bourjois eyeshadow
Elf face mist
I don't :smile:
Most foundations and primers will have an ingredients list on the back, if the first word is aqua it's water based, and if silicon it is silicon based.

Thanks for the recommendation, but other than rimmel and revlon no brands do a shade that matches me as so far as I have found (within price range).

Never used any benefit products, but yeah I definitely wouldn't pay that much for like a 30ml bottle. Not unless I knew for a fact it worked on me (since everyone is different) and it would last me at least a month or two

Yeahh! I have to agree.
I'll pop into body shop tomorrow and see if they have any decent primers .
I'm experimenting with foundations -.- I can't stop buying them.Im so sad I've got a foundation wish list

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeahh! I have to agree.
I'll look in body shop tomorrow and see if they have any decent primers .
I'm experimenting with foundations -.- I can't stop buying them.Im so sad I've got a foundation wish list

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was extremely disappointed with the body shop's make up range and the quality of their make up products :/

Ahah I know how you feel, my revlon colour stay came today. I felt a bit disappointed by it, but it could be because I have particularly dry patched on my skin at the moment and I wasn't using a primer as I only have a silicon based primer and the revlon is water based.
I was extremely disappointed with the body shop's make up range and the quality of their make up products :/

Ahah I know how you feel, my revlon colour stay came today. I felt a bit disappointed by it, but it could be because I have particularly dry patched on my skin at the moment and I wasn't using a primer as I only have a silicon based primer and the revlon is water based.

Ohh,I have never tried their products ,only brushes but that was a while back .i'll continue my search for a reasonable priced one.Ive heard good things about revlon colour stay .Its winter as well ,my skin tends to get dryer in the winter !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Eyeshadow from avon, oriflame, sleek, urban decay
mascara..hmm, tricky. From kiss me, clinique, maybelline, burjois (has to not smudge Dangabbit my eyelashes always touch mah skin so mascara has to be strong)
eye- liner, pencil and gel, literally whatever I find. Have some good ones from etude house and maybelline, seventeen.
lipstick, also from everywhere. The rimmel ones are quite nice :smile:
bronzer, highlighter, blush , I have some from sleek. I also just bought the Bahamma mamma (or whatever) bronzer a few days ago soo excited to get to try it!!

Oooh, and smth for the end: I'd recommend the maybelline color tatoos to anyone that has what to do with them, so useful :3

I am so sad that I never in my life had a good concealer :frown: I'd read through the posts, maybe I can find a good one
Ohh,I have never tried their products ,only brushes but that was a while back .i'll continue my search for a reasonable priced one.Ive heard good things about revlon colour stay .Its winter as well ,my skin tends to get dryer in the winter !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah their bb cream, foundation and concealer range is awful, they have like 3 shades and their lightest shade is VERY dark, it came up on my skin as like an orange beige.
Revlon do have a colorstay version for normal/dry skin. I recommend you watch reviews for the foundation on youtube, especially for people who appear to be your skintone
Bourjois Flower Perfection primer
L'Oreal True Match foundation in Rose Ivory
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair
Eyeshadow, at the moment I've been liking MUA's Undressed pallet but occasionally I'll use Barry M or 17.
Benefit They're Real push up liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara, but sometimes I'll use Maybelline Great Lash.
Burt's Bees lip balm: Pomegranate, Grape Fruit or Honey.
Lipstick, normally a Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait or Berry Smoothie, L'Oreal in Eva's Nude or Topshop's Pillow Talk.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 192
I have most of the Real Techniques brushes

This is my go to stuff (not every day of course, but stuff I like):

Maybelline fit me liquid foundation, shades 210 and 220 mixed
Collection concealer , shade 3
Rimmel Stay Matt Powder, shade Transparent
Sleek contour kid, shade medium
Blushers: Bourjois, shade Brun Cuivre/ No7, shade Honey/Benefit blush pallette
Benefit watt's up highlighter
YSL Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect/ Maybelline Colossal
Rimmel liquid eye liner
Lipsticks: Kiko lipstick, Kate moss, shades 03/08, MAC, shades Viva Glam III/Diva/Russian Red and Cyber to darken them all
Lip Liners: Rimmel, shades Spice (lost mine :'(), Tiramasu, Addiction

think thats most of it lol..
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi

I am a massive fan of chanel make up. The colours are so rich and long lasting. I've recently bought the xmas limited edition collection which is a peachy colour. The blush is beautiful as is the eyeshadow.

Anyway here are my make up musts

Foundation- chanel vitalumiere Aqua which is a water based foundation. Really good as I used to suffer from dry skin. I then put the channel compact powder in the same shade on top (only when I'm on a night out and want a better cover)

Blush- huge fan of the xmas limited edition 2014. It's a peachy colour but also like a rose coloured one which is fool proof to use as always looks even.
I also have a light wintery pink Smashbox blush.

Eyes- intense black chanel mascara and black eyeliner. Chanel individual eyeshadows are really nice as they are a mix between a powder and a cream and I find they last a lot longer than regular eyeshadows.

Lips- I use Chanel lipsticks but unless you go for a bright colour they do not stand out too much. Very good for natural but I struggle to get coverage. Not as happy with the lipsticks. The gloss however is amazing and gives much richer colours- doesn't last as long though.

Now I've always been a fan of my Chanel but I'm open to other nice brands.

I need a primer. I've never used one before and I would really like one that will make my Chanel foundation look even more flawless.

Also looking for a good blusher brush. Currently using real techniques but it tends to create a bit of a mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
I don't wear a lot, and mostly go without, but when I go out at night etc I have a basic routine I follow.
Nivea moisturiser, rimmel concealer, Max factor creme puff, max factor bronzer, rimmel blusher, rimmel or max factor mascara and a rimmel eyebrow pencil to fill in and shape my eyebrows
I've never been a fan of foundation I think it's just quite greasy
Currently on a self imposed makeup ban to let my skin breathe a little. But usually what in would wear is:
-bobbi brown foundation
-Estée Lauder concealer
-Mac powder
-maybelline cream blusher
-lipstick

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just recently changed up my foundation as I now use revlon colour stay and a white foundation mixer to lighten it as the lightest shade is still too dark.
i use younique products xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
Gosh, I hate it when girls post 'none' in these types of threads. It says what type of makeup do you wear. If you don't wear any why respond just to post the fact that you don't wear any makeup :colonhash:

I find it quite interesting though, cause you can see how many people choose not to, and who do. I think a better question would be something like do you wear makeup, and why.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Does it come with a brush? Can u please recommend a good contouring brush i can buy with it

Real techniques contour brush is great and affordable

Quick Reply

Latest