The Student Room Group

skincare remove makeup

I want to remove my makeup after school so i use wet wipes or micellar water. I've been told that this is bad and that it stripes ur skin. I've mainly just been hearing this on tiktok but tis everywhere i look so it must be important. People tell me to double cleanse but than means i wash my face in the morning, when i get back from school and before i go to bed which is way too much.
What should i do? I have dry and acne prone skin btw
Original post by cherrycosmos
I want to remove my makeup after school so i use wet wipes or micellar water. I've been told that this is bad and that it stripes ur skin. I've mainly just been hearing this on tiktok but tis everywhere i look so it must be important. People tell me to double cleanse but than means i wash my face in the morning, when i get back from school and before i go to bed which is way too much.
What should i do? I have dry and acne prone skin btw

Not only does it strip your skin, it also doesn't remove all the makeup.

Regardless of your skin type, you should wash your face twice. If you are really against that, then rinse your skin with warm water in the morning.

Which cleanser are you currently using?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
Not only does it strip your skin, it also doesn't remove all the makeup.

Regardless of your skin type, you should wash your face twice. If you are really against that, then rinse your skin with warm water in the morning.

Which cleanser are you currently using?

i either use micellar water or a makeup wipe and then i cleanse after with my normal cleanser, then put moisturizer on etc. Is that fine? I do have a makeup cleaner - fluvic acid cleanser by the inkey list and that works quite well for me. Then for normal its either the birch tree or dokdo cleanser by roundlab or the salicylic acid cleanser by the inkey list.

I was just wondering if it was okay to wipe most makeup off when i get back home and then 4 hours later, i wash my face properly. Only bc i don't want to be wearing makeup the whole day, only at school.
I was just wondering if it was okay to wipe most makeup off when i get back home and then 4 hours later, i wash my face properly. Only bc i don't want to be wearing makeup the whole day, only at school.

If you have acne-prone skin, it really isn't the best process. Not to mention much more time-consuming and not very cost-effective. Why not wash your face as soon as you get home?
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
If you have acne-prone skin, it really isn't the best process. Not to mention much more time-consuming and not very cost-effective. Why not wash your face as soon as you get home?

Well my derm also said to wash before bed so i thought that it was an important thing to do, will i not be dirty if i wash my face 4 hours before going to bed? I don't really mind in terms of time consuming and cost wise. Why isn't it the best for acne prone? I need this acne gone so i can stop wearing makeup and having this exact problem :/
Well my derm also said to wash before bed so i thought that it was an important thing to do, will i not be dirty if i wash my face 4 hours before going to bed? I don't really mind in terms of time consuming and cost wise. Why isn't it the best for acne prone? I need this acne gone so i can stop wearing makeup and having this exact problem :/

If you are washing your face in in the morning, when you get back from school and before you go to bed then yes that is much too often.

Try this:
Morning: cleanse face so you have a clean surface for makeup.
After school: Use a makeup wipe/micellar water first to get rid of most of the makeup if you really want to. However, keep in mind that relying solely on wipes or micellar water may not effectively address makeup that has settled into your pores throughout the day. Follow this up with a thorough cleanse using a cleanser. Personally, I'd just skip the micellar water/wipes and just cleanse thoroughly.
Evening: conclude by rinsing your face with warm water. Avoid additional cleansing to prevent potential irritation and dryness, as over-cleansing can be harsh on the skin. If you are using any treatment creams, now is the best time to put it on.

Quick Reply

Latest