The Student Room Group

What makeup do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

Rimmel Matte BB Cream, Collection 2000 Concealer (over blemishes), Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (under the eyes), Maybelline Falsies Mascara and finally lipstick - I rotate between MAC Cosmo, Spirit or Modesty and recently I've been loving the MaxFactor lipstick in the shade Rosewood. I sometimes like to add blush which would be MAC Fleur Power (a matt, flush of natural pink) or Dollymix (again a natural flush of pink but with shimmer) or Melba (a peach to warm up my complexion). If i choose to contour, I use MAC's Harmony which is cool toned so it gives the most natural looking contour.

For a contour brush I caved in and bought the Nars ITA brush, only to find out that real techniques has one exactly the same in their new rose gold weighted collection. :angry: This type of brush is the best and makes contouring so much easier IMO.
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Has anyone tried the L'Oreal BB cream which comes out white and then adapts? Any opinions, comments on coverage etc would be helpful!

I'm getting tired of wearing foundation all the time and want to try a BB cream from Boots/Superdrug so any recommendations would be great! Ideally medium coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Maybelline ones are pretty good :smile: The dream fresh is dewy and I find it to be lighter coverage and dream pure is matte and gives a little more coverage

I know that Maybelline dream flawless nude is still a foundation but it is sooo light! Medium coverage and literally feels like you aren't wearing anything on your skin. Not the best for dry skin but it feels as light as a BB cream
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Has anyone tried the L'Oreal BB cream which comes out white and then adapts? Any opinions, comments on coverage etc would be helpful!

I'm getting tired of wearing foundation all the time and want to try a BB cream from Boots/Superdrug so any recommendations would be great! Ideally medium coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really recommend the Bourjous CC cream. It's around a tenner but lasts a while as you don't need too much for full coverage. I can't exactly remember the name but I think it's the only one they have :smile:
Everyday make-up (for work)
Natural Collection colour foundation in Sand
Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm
MUA blusher in Marshmallow

Weekend make-up
Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation in Soft Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm
Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze
MUA blusher in Marshmallow
(edited 9 years ago)
My day and night mascara is the 3D fiber lash mascara from younique. I love it £23 and you can build your lashes up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maid Marian
None. :pierre:

You must have natural beauty
eyeliner-collection felt tip liner, rimmel pencil liner orGOSH liquid liner...whichever I feel like
mascara - max factor false lash effectand then I use a dried up mascara to separate the lashes :colondollar:
NYC Mousse Foundation (Natural Rose), a bit of black eyeliner (NYC) and a brown pencil to fill in my eyebrows a bit (again, NYC). Sometimes add a little bit of mascara (Debby extra volume), depends if I can be bothered lol.
I find NYC quite a good brand and it is also very cheap; just cba to spend so much (money AND time) on make up to be honest :P
Original post by carasezmoo
I have that! Its really nice. Bought mine for £7 off ebay though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

some of them can be fake so i didn't want to risk it as my eyes are sensitive anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes, Rimmel Pressed Powder (Transparent), Rimmel eyebrow pencil in dark brown, loreal million lashes mascara,

and I change up my blusher and lipstick every day :smile: x
Why are people saying they wear none? This isn't a thread for showing off your natural beauty haha. Good for you, but do it elsewhere!

I wear a tinted mousturiser, I change the brand each time (skin gets used to it) but atm I'm using Benefit 'You Rebel'. It's a lot lighter than wearing foundation, but evens out the skin tone and keeps my skin soft.

I then wear a translucent powder, but only when I'm at work as I do long shifts in healthcare...so my face can get quite shiny after a few hours. My favourite is the 'Kick ass retouch' one by Soap and Glory. It lasts all day.

My favourite item of make-up that I can't be without is liquid eyeliner. I've tried many different expensive brands but my go-to is the Rimmel one (waterproof). It's perfect for the cat eye effect, high in pigment and really cheap.

Lipsticks in all kinds of colour, depending on the occasion. My 3 favourite brands for these are Barry M (matte), Revlon and of course Mac. Red is at the top of my list for a power glam lip.

For mascara I like something that adds volume more than anything because my eyelashes are already black, but short. I love the 'Thick and Fast' ones by Soap and Glory. They really give a false lash effect but with no gloop. Another good mascara is 'Bad Gal' from Benefit.

The Nude palettes by Urban Decay are amazing too, I borrow my sister's as she is a make-up artist!
(This is by no means my full list of cosmetics, I also wear blusher etc. but not every day)

PS. Not exactly make-up but i religiously wash my face morning and night and wear a night cream when I sleep too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bourjois happy light serum primer, either Estee Lauder Double Wear or Benefit Oxygen Wow. Generally don't wear power as I have very dry skin. Benefit Rockateur or Sugarbomb blush, Hoola and/or Dallas to contour and add colour. Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid liner and Benefit Roller Lash. Unless I'm being lazy, then it's eyeliner, mascara, primer and Benefit loli/bene/posie tint
l'oreal infallible matte primer and foundation (i have quite oily skin and this works great), maybelline fit me concealer, loreal true match pressed powder, benefit theyre real mascara, maybelline colour tattoo on and on bronze cream eyeshadow, maybelline brow pencil, mac whirl lipliner and mac cyber (when im feeling adventurous!)

i also like bare minerals ready foundation, bare minerals warmth and blush and theyre eye palettes are gorgeous! i cant do eyeliner (sigh) so i never wear it.

i have tried mac mineralize liquid foundation and mac cc compact but they did really help my skin.
Original post by carasezmoo
Why are you telling us how you wash your face?
This isn't a thread for showing off how you clean your skin haha. Good for you, but do it elsewhere!

When the OP is asking what products you use, replying purely just to state that you don't wear any products is absolutely pointless. Me stating that I have a good skincare regime alongside wearing make-up is not pointless and in fact adds to the discussion.
Maybelleine Fit Me Foundation in Caramel.
LA Girl Pro Concealer in Beautiful Bronze and Fawm and Dark Cocoa to contour/highlight
L'Oréal liquid highlight in bronze
Miss Sport Gel Eyeliner
MUA Felt Tip Liner
Freedom Highlight Powder
Rimmel Eyeliner
Benefit KaBrow
I'm too lazy for makeup.

Quick Reply

Latest