The Student Room Group

A crap way to die

Link

Seven people from the same family have died after falling into a septic tank on a pig farm in Poland, firefighters have said.

A woman was reportedly driving a tractor on the family farm in Karczowka, a village in the west of Poland on Thursday, when she accidentally drove onto the cover of the industrial-sized septic tank, which gave way.

Seven of her family members bravely tried to rescue her by emptying the tank, which measured 50 square metres by a depth of three metres, but were overcome by noxious fumes and fell in.

A 45-year-old woman was taken to hospital by helicopter.

‘Doctors have confirmed the death of seven people, while an eighth is in hospital in a serious condition, Magdalena Bilinska, a fire brigade spokesman told Poland’s TVP.
:frown: :frown:
rip in peace
Original post by Greg Jackson
rip in peace

Rest in peace in peace?

Posted from TSR Mobile
RIP in peace
RIP :frown:
There have been numerous reports of people being overcome by the fumes in slurry tanks in Northern Ireland. They have to be cleaned, and emptied and stuff, but it is so dangerous. And although I would consider myself more a town person than a country person, the lack of respect for what these farmers do is astounding really.
Being squished seems like a crap way to die, as a matter of fact, anything which takes time and is painful is a crap way to die.
So.....All this making jokes about other peoples deaths just proves that we live in a death culture.😱
^ Nah.. 2 people out of millions does not = death culture, mate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Clicked on the link expecting more info..... there was no more info.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgot to mention as well, if it had happened anywhere in the UK, I bet that the HSE would be having a field day over the incident, and then end up lobbying the governement for a new health of safety related law that would end up get introduced either by the end of this year, or earlier next year! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending