The Student Room Group

Freelance Jobs: Work Online!

I have found several freelance jobs websites in the past and I thought it might be good to post them here :biggrin:

The best of them all in my opinion is the following:
www.freelancer.com

This is a very simp site to use, and you get awards for things like filling in your profile and bidding on jobs, it's very user friendly.

Of course, they have to make money somehow, and their way of doing so is telling you that you should complete tests to increase your chances of being employed. This is a bit bad really because when you do not want to pay 5.00 for a test, you feel a bit bad when you are applying against other people who have done really well in it. But nonetheless, you can still get really good jobs here, which can give you quite a bit of cash!

This site is best for graphic designers. You can submit your work free and the person who posted the job will see your work and if they like it they will hire you!

There are other sites too, they are the following:
www.freelancer.com
www.odesk.com (another good one, user friendly)
www.elance.com (This is full of professionals, it feels quite hard to get started on here if you have no experience!)

You can get any kind of job on these sites, from data entry to website creation. Whatever skills you have, you should have a look and see if there are any jobs going that you could have a go at. It's worth it, even a bit of extra cash will be great!

Hope this helps some people :biggrin:
Peter
I started using O2 star trader to gain some business experience. This lets you order sims for free so there isn't really any cost to you. Also it lets you build up skills that you can actually put on your CV whilst working in your free time. For example I've been going up to local shops and selling the sims to them and then also picking up £5 commission whenever someone activates it. Good for practicing your sales skills and also organisational skills.
Original post by gavlar1226
I started using O2 star trader to gain some business experience. This lets you order sims for free so there isn't really any cost to you. Also it lets you build up skills that you can actually put on your CV whilst working in your free time. For example I've been going up to local shops and selling the sims to them and then also picking up £5 commission whenever someone activates it. Good for practicing your sales skills and also organisational skills.

Try Gradlancer.co.uk - it's the only site that I've found that doesn't charge the students a penny!
Thanks Jay, with Gradlancer can you get tied to hours? I think one of the benefits I've found with Star Trader is that I can do it at any time and when I'm handing out to friends and family it's just in my everyday life. Definitely look into Gradlancer though!
It's completely flexible! You work out when you can complete your work in your own time :smile:
Reply 5
hi guys, i ve been working for long time online now. NAd earning about £2000 a month. write me private for more infor
Reply 6
Original post by nikiska
hi guys, i ve been working for long time online now. NAd earning about £2000 a month. write me private for more infor

Hello! Isit legit? 2k pounds per month sounds impossible...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending