The Student Room Group

Postgraduate in International Commercial Law

Hi everyone!

I live and work in Uzbekistan (though am British). Though I'm happy with my current job, I've seen that the University of Westminster has a campus here that offers an LLB in International Commercial Law.

IF they were to take me on an undergraduate degree in Middle Eastern Studies (in the UK then most undergraduats can be adapted to law), then-

- does anyone know what the job market is like for an International Commercial Lawyer? Would a degree from a less-prestigious UK university's foreign branch be likely to get me a good job? (I know it's a very broad question) Does (probably yes) the lucrative wage of such a lawyer make it a tough area to get into? How important are contacts?

- is it more common to work freelance or be tied to a firm, such as the way most barristers in the UK are freelance but solicitors aren't?

- related to question #2, does it involve a lot of voluntary / involuntary travel?

I know it's all basic but I think highly of the answers offered on here so thought of you when these questions came to my mind.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending